No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Graham: Khan Needs Mayweather To Age, To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Billy Graham: Khan Needs Mayweather To Age, To Win

WBA/IBF lightweight champion Amir Khan is convinced that Floyd Mayweather Jr. is slowing down, however veteran trainer Billy Graham believes the 34-year-old WBC welterweight champion would have to slip considerably in order for ‘King’ Khan to post an upset win. Consider, Floyd had massive punch success stats against Victor Ortiz, Shane Mosley and Juan Manuel Marquez. However, Amir often registered in the low twenties against Paul McCloskey and an ancient Zab Judah. In terms of accuracy the two fighters are on different planets.

[Click Here To Read More]

Yeah but it works both ways, Khan needs to age too ie gain more experience.

Comment

What the heck?

there is a site where I would expect to read a biased article like this (not counting the billy graham quote) but it isn't boxingscene.

Comment

If Khan doesn't improve on his counter punching, defense, inside game, then regardless of Floyd being in his late thirties even, Khan ain't beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
          What the heck?

there is a site where I would expect to read a biased article like this (not counting the billy graham quote) but it isn't boxingscene.
          It is not biased, the recent fights support my claims. You just disagree with the statements but can't create a counter argument as you've no ammo in this one!

Comment

I disagree with the way this "news" has been written.

"An ancient Zab Judah"

The whole second paragraph is just your opinion

Now, i'm not saying I disagree with you, in fact i AGREE with you, but the way it's put is leading and it's better to read unbiased news.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
              I disagree with the way this "news" has been written.

"An ancient Zab Judah"

The whole second paragraph is just your opinion

Now, i'm not saying I disagree with you, in fact i AGREE with you, but the way it's put is leading and it's better to read unbiased news.
              The second para is not biased, it actually leads with the argument that Khan can up his output to counter his problems. I then briefly state why this is not so as Amir will leave twice as many openings. It is a sound argument and not based on bias, if I said Amir landed low on Zab and refused to listen to any other view you could accuse me of this but for pointing out the reality of the styles match up? No. I was stating my opinions on a potential fight based on what I've seen from both.

Judah was ancient in relative terms, he's creaky and past his best, and his best wasn't all that to be fair.

Comment

forget Mayweather vs khan........ Mayweather vs Maidana 2012 has a better ring to it make it happen

Comment

Working...
                X