Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does gerald mccellan do against the monzon who turned up in the valdes rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does gerald mccellan do against the monzon who turned up in the valdes rematch?

If valdes could hurt and drop monzon could the g man keep monzon down? monzon was past his best

He loses. .

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
      He loses. .
      For me gerald is a bigger puncher and over all better fighter than valdes look how close valdes came to beating monnzon, couldnt gearld beat that monzon?

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
        For me gerald is a bigger puncher and over all better fighter than valdes look how close valdes came to beating monnzon, couldnt gearld beat that monzon?
        Valdez had a granite chin and great stamina. McClellan has one (the chin) but not the other (the stamina). He never even went 12 rounds.

Anyone who believes McClellan blows out Monzon in the early rounds at any point in Monzon's career would be fooling themselves. Monzon took Valdez's best right hand flush, the same right hand that knocked the granite-jawed Bennie Briscoe out, and he recovered instantly.

I see McClellan having success early with Monzon coming back strong in the late rounds, stopping McClellan in a 15 round bout.

Comment

Valdez had a granite chin and great stamina. McClellan has one (the chin) but not the other (the stamina). He never even went 12 rounds.

Anyone who believes McClellan blows out Monzon in the early rounds at any point in Monzon's career would be fooling themselves. Monzon took Valdez's best right hand flush, the same right hand that knocked the granite-jawed Bennie Briscoe out, and he recovered instantly.

I see McClellan having success early with Monzon coming back strong in the late rounds, stopping McClellan in a 15 round bout.
          Still talking nonsense eh mate? You should really listen to me and finally buy that red nose.

1-McClellan wouldn't need 12 rounds of stamina since he will end the fight in 1 round.
          2-Whatever Monzon took, he would eat punches from somebody who hit harder than Julian Jackson, the hardest p4p puncher ever. And this is the washed up Monzon, moron.
          3-Nobody in hell stops McClellan unless he has a bloodclot in his brain developing. He walked through punches from Jackson, Benn and Mugabi, some of the hardest punchers ever.

I said this before but I know you like to be punished, but you are an old timer's biased clown, ok bad boy?

Comment

It's difficult to have a reasonable deate with theGreatA,If a fighter fought after 1987 then all credentials and reseme's simply don't matter,Each one is discredited and unfairly picked apart,Like I said before,The guy definately knows boxing but the history he knows he twists to fit his own argument and that is the very worst type of boxing fan

Comment

But don't you think Comparing Valdez 57.53% ko against McClellan's 85.29 KO% is just foolish?
              Mclellan had the power to stop Monzon early ...or anybody for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
                But don't you think Comparing Valdez 57.53% ko against McClellan's 85.29 KO% is just foolish?

Who of top caliber did McClellan knock out?

Julian Jackson had a shaky chin anyway, he was took out by Mike McCallum whom whilst being a stiff puncher he was not a devastating puncher.

Mugabi is overrated all he ever did was give a past prime Hagler a hard fight and get smashed by Norris and McClellan.

Im a Norris fan and ive never considered Norris a huge puncher but he still took Mugabi out in 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
                  Still talking nonsense eh mate? You should really listen to me and finally buy that red nose.

1-McClellan wouldn't need 12 rounds of stamina since he will end the fight in 1 round.
                  2-Whatever Monzon took, he would eat punches from somebody who hit harder than Julian Jackson, the hardest p4p puncher ever. And this is the washed up Monzon, moron.
                  3-Nobody in hell stops McClellan unless he has a bloodclot in his brain developing. He walked through punches from Jackson, Benn and Mugabi, some of the hardest punchers ever.

I said this before but I know you like to be punished, but you are an old timer's biased clown, ok bad boy?
                  Originally posted by princemanspoper View Post
                  It's difficult to have a reasonable deate with theGreatA,If a fighter fought after 1987 then all credentials and reseme's simply don't matter,Each one is discredited and unfairly picked apart,Like I said before,The guy definately knows boxing but the history he knows he twists to fit his own argument and that is the very worst type of boxing fan
                  Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
                  Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post

Julian Jackson had a shaky chin anyway, he was took out by Mike McCallum whom whilst being a stiff puncher he was not a devastating puncher.

Mugabi is overrated all he ever did was give a past prime Hagler a hard fight and get smashed by Norris and McClellan.

Im a Norris fan and ive never considered Norris a huge puncher but he still took Mugabi out in 1.
                  Exactly. I've been a huge fan of McClellan but his short-comings are very obvious.

I've seen him out of stamina against Benn (although he was injured), after 6 rounds against Dennis Milton (a decision he lost), 8 rounds against Ralph Ward (a decision he lost), three round sparring sessions, even some of his first round knockouts. It figures that dropping 30-40 pounds to make the 160 pound limit is not very good for your conditioning. He walked around as a heavyweight/cruiserweight.

Knockouts over Julian Jackson, John Mugabi, Jay Bell and Gilbert Baptist do little to convince me of his ability to destroy one of the greatest middleweights of all time Carlos Monzon in round 1.

Here's a much more impressive achievement than anything McClellan ever managed against an opponent who was never knocked out:

6:55

I don't base anything on knockout percentages, it's who you beat and who you knocked out that matters to me. Now I wouldn't say that Valdez necessarily hit harder than McClellan but he hit pretty hard and on top of that he would keep hitting for 15 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post

Julian Jackson had a shaky chin anyway

See this ladies and gentleman? This is how you discredit a fighter.

Apparently while McClellan did knock Jackson out it simply doesn't matter because Jackson had a shaky chin.

Yes but while we are at it,Let's take away Ray Leonard and Marvin Hagler's victories over Thomas Hearns away from them because after all Hearns did have a "shaky chin"

And the fact that theGreatA agree's with him pretty much confirms what I already said about him

Unfortunately the dynamite kid can't respond to me because he put me on ignore.Which is a shame because he has actually contradicted himself here,Or perhaps Julian Jackson never was top caliber

And may I ask why you qouted me GreatA? you didn't actually respond to me
                    Last edited by princemanspoper; 08-25-2009, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X