Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaw says stick fork in Victor Ortiz because he's done (GREAT ARTICLE!)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaw says stick fork in Victor Ortiz because he's done (GREAT ARTICLE!)

Big Gary Shaw says you can go ahead and stick a fork in celebrated prospect turned suspect Vicious Victor Ortiz.

Shaw proclaims that Ortiz is done, finished, kaput at the higher levels of boxing.

Some boxing guys have a code. Some guys in the sport/business won’t hit a man when he is down, literally or figuratively.

Rough and tumble promoter Shaw is not one of those guys. In the wake of Golden Boy poster child and Oscar De La Hoya heir not so apparent Victor Ortiz’s KO loss to Marcos Maidana, Shaw is pummeling Ortiz worse than the Argentinean southpaw did.

In fact, Shaw asks that you compare and contrast the verbal reactions to a stunning defeat by Ortiz and his recently beaten tiger, Alfredo Angulo.

“Yeah, Angulo lost but he came back in the later rounds and made a statement by fighting so hard,” Shaw said. “Alfredo was sick all week before the fight but he would not pull out against Kermit Cintron. He just wasn’t right so he did the best he could under the circumstances.”

Shaw is not saying he was not disappointed by “Perro” losing but he said his fighter gave him a mental boost in the dressing room.

“Perro called me into the shower area and it was just me and him,” Shaw said. “He told me, ‘Don’t worry, Gary, your dog will be back!”

By contrast, a shell shocked Ortiz spoke about having “a lot of thinking to do” about his fight future and not wanting to “go out on my back.” He also remarked that he is too young (age 22) to take beatings from foes.

“Angulo felt horrible about losing and he is determined to bounce back strong,” Shaw said. “I didn’t hear that coming out of Ortiz’s mouth. But Perro is a real Mexican warrior and Ortiz is just some kid from Kansas.”

Shaw did not like how Ortiz motioned to his cut eye hoping to get referee Raul Caiz Sr. to stop the bout.

“The kid quit, he quit like a dog,” Shaw said. “It’s in his (Golden Boy) genes. Ortiz just pulled a No Mas quit job.”

I should point out here there is bad blood, plenty of it, between Shaw and Golden Boy.

He also promoted now imprisoned James Kirkland before GBP hijacked that undefeated junior middleweight.

GBP also hijacked Ortiz away from Bob Arum and Top Rank.

Maybe there is a pattern here as the Goldens also hijacked Juan “Baby Bull” Diaz away from erstwhile promoter Don King.

Not to mention, but I must, the attempted hijacking of Mr. Pacquiao from my Uncle Bob.

Shaw said he knows plenty about Maidana who is handled by German-based Universum.

“I was in Argentian trying to sign that kid,” Shaw said. “I spent $30,000 trying to get him but I didn’t. I knew what a talent he is but I guess Golden Boy did not know.

“I knew I could make Maidana a star over here. Maybe Golden Boy should’ve left Ortiz in the gym instead of trying to get Coca Cola to sponsor him. Maybe he should’ve been wearing boxing trunks more often and not been paraded around in a suit.

“They rushed this kid. I think that, mentally, he will never be the same.”

Low blows or fair comment?

Is Shaw's blast on target or just a veonomous spew generated by his unadulterated hatred of his Golden rivals?

Isn't this heavy baggage to unload on a mere 22-year-old? Couldn't this be just a detour and not the finish to Ortiz's career?

What say you, boxing fans? Let me know at mlcmarley@aol.com.

im sure shaw knows a thing or two about forks

Comment

Shaw is dead spot on. Good for him for having the balls to tell the truth about GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by rizilla View Post
        hahahahaha You are right Bro but he does make sense on a lot of things.

Comment

some harsh words there. "he is not a mexican warrior just a kid from Kansas " dammmmmmmnnnnnnn.

Comment

Originally posted by rizilla View Post
            LMAO jajajajajaja

Comment

“They rushed this kid. I think that, mentally, he will never be the same.” -

I think that may have summed it up, that and suit comment. I would have never guessed he wasn't ready, but i'm not his handler either, they should have been more "in tune" with ortiz and what ortiz was capable of, including capable of quitting.

Comment

"he quit like a dog, is in his golden boy genes"

Lmao jajajajajaj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

one of the things that annoyed me most about Ortiz was the big giant smile he had on his face after the fight, it didn't seem like losing was a big deal to him, which to me re-inforces the view that he doesn't have the heart for this

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                    "he quit like a dog, is in his golden boy genes"

Lmao jajajajajaj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I know bro, that was a BOLD statement!

Comment

Working...
                    X