No announcement yet.

Is Matthew McConaughey on Acting PEDs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
    I didn't read your whole post, cause this topic honestly dosn't interest me. Foreign movies do not interest me, and that is the reality of most Americans. I'm sorry that bothers you so much.
    @ your sanctimonious attitude.

You're like a kid entering a library telling everyone that he doesn't care about all the great works of literature in the world are, as they're not American, and he's just read the latest Spider-Man.

Please, kid... speak for yourself. Don't speak for other Fat Yanks. I'm sure the vast majority of them are far brighter than you are.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      @ your sanctimonious attitude.

You're like a kid entering a library telling everyone that he doesn't care about all the great works of literature in the world are, as they're not American, and he's just read the latest Spider-Man.

Please, kid... speak for yourself. Don't speak for other Fat Yanks. I'm sure the vast majority of them are far brighter than you are.
      Sorry man, 90% of the American population hasn't heard of anyone on that list a few posts back. That's just reality.

Americans are generally interested in Americans, American things, and America being the best. It's just how we are brought up. Call it ignorance, call it what you will, and I am probably not putting any of this in a very understandable or meaningful way, but.... Deal with it.

My original post was trying to explain to you this in a very poor way. You got multiple countries, speaking multiple languages, with multiple histories within a days drive of you. The equivalent to the Western US. We have Canada if you live up North which is basically a more laid back American. You got Mexico down south, and most people who go there go to the tourist area that have been Americanized for money. No matter how you will never understand, America isn't western Europe. We have different views on what's important.
      Last edited by Da Machine; 03-30-2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
        I didn't read your whole post, cause this topic honestly dosn't interest me. Foreign movies do not interest me, and that is the reality of most Americans. I'm sorry that bothers you so much.
        Few people finish reading his posts, like his nations movies his words are ****; meaningless fabrications and nonsense.

Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 03-30-2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          Few people finish reading his posts, like his nations movies his words are ****; meaningless fabrications and nonsense.

Rockin'
          Poor old Rockin', forever doomed to desperately cling on to a years-old grudge and then suck the **** of anyone that disagrees with me. Until the day when Red Slider notes how much your "career" sucked and you cry over him, too.

What gets me in all this - and I admit I'm slightly narked, just a little - is that whenever I mention stuff like this, straight away I get the auto-default "yo, ur sayen dat briti'sh movie's r the bes't" reaction.

Look through all my posts in this thread and tell me ONCE where I've mentioned UK movies. Not the point I'm making in the slightest. Britain is where I come from... I'm perfectly capable of making a post without it being a reference to it.

Rockin's suggestion that all British movies are "****" is a little OTT, but there's a helluvalot of dross out there, I'll concede. Though his lifestory was actually a UK movie... who can forget that classic from Ealing studios "The Man With The Thumbed Anus"?

Comment

McConaughey has a decent shot at a repeat, if Interstellar turns out to be as epic as it's being advertised.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              Poor old Rockin', forever doomed to desperately cling on to a years-old grudge and then suck the **** of anyone that disagrees with me. Until the day when Red Slider notes how much your "career" sucked and you cry over him, too.

What gets me in all this - and I admit I'm slightly narked, just a little - is that whenever I mention stuff like this, straight away I get the auto-default "yo, ur sayen dat briti'sh movie's r the bes't" reaction.

Look through all my posts in this thread and tell me ONCE where I've mentioned UK movies. Not the point I'm making in the slightest. Britain is where I come from... I'm perfectly capable of making a post without it being a reference to it.

Rockin's suggestion that all British movies are "****" is a little OTT, but there's a helluvalot of dross out there, I'll concede. Though his lifestory was actually a UK movie... who can forget that classic from Ealing studios "The Man With The Thumbed Anus"?
              Kevin Costner right?

Comment

Working...
              X