No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye Starts To Push For Klitschko Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
    I'd expect Haye to put on a great performance. If he is hungry in there, he should be a threat with his explosiveness. Maybe Wladimir would be a heavy favorite, but I think Haye has a chance with his power and athleticism. If he could rock Valuev... Of course, they have to sign the deal, so they need to work on that. Without each other, they simply won't make as much. So lets just hope they get it done, sooner rather than later. At least it appears it is at most a fight away, even if they can't agree this time
    That's the thing though. He isn't hungry, and his choice of previous opponents coupled with his general antics over the last year should have made that clear by now. A fighter can't just "switch on hunger" for specific fights, he either has it or he doesn't. Motivation though, that's a different thing, but since Haye doesn't give a crap about his fans then his only motivation will be to not look like a complete numpty and harm his image and future earning potential when he moves into film.

Comment

I bet after all this talk and rubbish when the fight finally gets made its a bore fest and ends in a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
        I bet after all this talk and rubbish when the fight finally gets made its a bore fest and ends in a draw.
        Nah, Haye will mentally quit around after round 2 and after that it would be him looking to go down after any decent punch

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
          Won't be a draw. It'll look a lot like the Lewis Tyson fight I think. Haye will be competitive for about two rounds, and land a few eye catching punches that'll wow the crowd and have Jim Watt cumming in his kilt. Then Wlad begins to take over and systematically breaks Haye down, forcing him to quit in about the ninth or tenth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
            Didn't Boente say on that Sky show some time ago that any German network would be fine, it should go to the one that pays the most? If I'm not mistaken, he did.

It was the show where Adam Booth asked for public negociations.

Anyone from England who can verify this?
            Absolutely right. I've just commented on it in another thread. Booth and Sky seemed a bit shadey, but in fairness this was something Booth pressed on.

He said ok we can negotiate you a slice of the UK PPV, but will you give the fight to the biggest German network. Boente shadily said yes.

Now he's saying no. But maybe if there's more than emails but a paper offer from the other provider. Well the contracts either there for RTL or not, get out of it or not. Seems dodge.

Comment

Let me break this down for the illiterate. Boente said, "we will go to the network with the highest offer if we dont we will pay the difference" This was when Boente thought Wlad's contract with RTL would be up, he said make up the difference because he knew that he might sign a multi-fight deal with RTL and another station might offer more for just Haye vs. Wlad. However, Boente's smart, he also knows the tv execs all over are pretty much like Victorian Age royalty, meaning they are all related and they are all friends. They arent dumb either. Have you ever been to an auction and seen 2 guys engage in a bidding war. There might be some chest, that only 2 people realize is worth 5k, but everyone else thinks is worth 200. The bidding gets down to those 2 only at about 300. Now if they just knew eachother or spoke to eachother, they could make a deal one buy it for 300, and together sell it for 5k and each make about 2100 dollars, instead they get in a bidding war and one winds up buying it for 4900 or something and winds up making 100$. The German tv stations are smart so talk to eachother and wont anger the other or get into a serious bidding war. Boente knows this, haye's team isnt very familiar with German tv stations, and as Boente said, were just being led along by Sauerland. He cant give a firm or written offer from any network, because no network would ever come out and make such an offer.

Comment

nobody has to worry about Haye retiring and not fighting both,he said he would retire at 30,now its 31,its just some old silly promise he made to himself to get out while he still has all his mental and physical health with him.

aslong as he is prime and in good shape without punishment he will stay fighting,and aslong as there are challenges outs there.that can easily be another 3 or 4 years.

basically boente has said even when klitschkos are free of their network they will most likely go with the same one again.

but they im sure do not want saureland to get any money,so dont expect the fight to happen while Haye has saureland option over him,after 1 more fight it will all come into place or should do.

if the other network does offer more for the fight,then itle go to that,but most likely it sounds like no other network will bother offering more out of loyatly to not slightly out bid another network tht had klitschkos already.

maybe haye will end up giving more and recieving less regarding own ppv and thier german network money,but if hes agreed to tht fair play to him,but i think 60 40 to winner really solves any problems even better than the supposed "50/50". either way,they both earn so much more than ever before.

the other problem for me is boente has refused to go to vegas,which could possibly make the most money.but does wembley hold more than anywhere else?,and will sell more to german and brits than vegas would bieng shorter to travel to and cheaper also,but less americans would watch it at such a time,and less would travel there.

also hes refused to ever go on hbo again,after hbo pulled out on them before,he told rafeal he would go to showtime even if hbo offered the most for the fight.

there are a few hurdles still to get over,but give it a little longer and it should happen.

meanwhile ile expect to see the following:

Haye VS Chageav/Adamek/Arreola/Povetkin(on HBO)

Vitali VS Solis

Wlad VS Chisora

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                  This is the best HW fight that can be made at the moment. I really hope they solved this money issue and sign the damn contract.
                  I hope iot happens but sadly i think Wlad Haye would be a pretty boring fight with both very cautious. Vitali/Haye would be better.. I don't believe the talk of Wlad going out all aggressive.. him and Steward are not stupid they know Haye has a quality punch on him

Comment

Hahaha. "David Haye starts to push for Klitschko showdown." You believe this crap??? TOO LATE HAYE, NOBODY BELIEVES IN YOUR B.S. ANYMORE. WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE WANTING IS A HARRISON REMATCH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadScared View Post
                      Hahaha. "David Haye starts to push for Klitschko showdown." You believe this crap??? TOO LATE HAYE, NOBODY BELIEVES IN YOUR B.S. ANYMORE. WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE WANTING IS A HARRISON REMATCH. LOL.
                      Let me guess, you're about 19 years old.

Comment

Working...
                      X