Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else read Sugar Ray Leonard's book?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else read Sugar Ray Leonard's book?

I just finished it the other day and highly recommend it to you guys, some really cool insights, the benitez stuff was seriously poignant.

I have read it and enjoyed It.

Comment

i enjoyed the book but it still left me not really having alot of love for the man he was a great boxer yes , but he was very manipulative and how he treated his wife and other fighters hagler etc i just found him to bigheaded.

Comment

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
        i enjoyed the book but it still left me not really having alot of love for the man he was a great boxer yes , but he was very manipulative and how he treated his wife and other fighters hagler etc i just found him to bigheaded.
        yeah he didn't come across as a particularly nice guy but u gotta respect the honesty of the book.

Comment

have you read the hands of stone book ? i havent but curious is it any good ?

Comment

Wasn't a fan. The Hands of Stone book rocked though. Just finished a Riddick Bowe book there, decent...

Comment

It was a good read, though the whole molestation thing is somewhat questionable, to a degree.

Comment

What's the title of the recent Leonard book?

Comment

The Big Fight

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
                    It was a good read, though the whole molestation thing is somewhat questionable, to a degree.
                    I think Leonard trys to justify his drinking and drug abuse/adultry on his molestation as a teenager. We have a hocky player up here(canada) that blew
                    50 million dollars on blow and other lifestyle choices who was molested as well
                    and has wrote a best seller also. Neither of these guys are very likeable as they pasted on there abuse to there families. Leonard seemed to always protect his image during his career but even then even though I admired his talent I was not a fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X