Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the one with the steel bar is obviously heavier, and i think its the older model. i had the one with the nylon bar. they are a bit bulky but they have soft padding and feel really comfortable

Comment

• Originally posted by as646 View Post
      I went in to the store, and tried a pair of the Reyes on, they really didn't seem that hard. These are the sparring gloves I'm talking about, not the fight gloves, so they aren't horsehair. Okay, the foam is a bit denser than that of some other gloves I've tried, but not enough to make a massive difference. The guy in the shop said he has a pair that he personally used for sparring, and he's never had any complaints about them being too hard.

I actually ended up getting a pair in blue. I got the lace ups, and the wrist protection is excellent. That said, I do like to be able to move my wrist a little bit, as I sometimes like to flick with my jab. I'm sure once I break them in a little, I'll have a bit more movement, but for now my hand is basically locked into place.

I'm going to use them on the bags for a week just to help break them in. I had a go with them tonight and they were very nice on the heavy bag; despite being 16oz, I could still get a lot of feedback without bashing my fist up.

Not to mention the quality is incredibly high. I love the gold glittery bit on the logo on the wrist. Classy as fuark.
      its not so much that the padding on the reyes gloves is hard. its not hard, its quite soft. but thats the thing. they dont have much padding and the bit they have is pretty soft. so you can easily feel your knuckles through the foam when you hit hard and thats the problem. thats why their fight gloves are considered the hardest punching gloves, because of the soft padding (horse hair) you feel your knuckles through the glove. or rather your opponents do

if you like them then go for it, theyre excellent gloves if you dont mind that they have less padding. if they dont bother your hands and your sparring partners dont complain and the gloves fit you well (which i assume) then theyre awesome gloves. quality is among the best. i had those in red and black as well but i need more padding for my brittle hands

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
        its not so much that the padding on the reyes gloves is hard. its not hard, its quite soft. but thats the thing. they dont have much padding and the bit they have is pretty soft. so you can easily feel your knuckles through the foam when you hit hard and thats the problem. thats why their fight gloves are considered the hardest punching gloves, because of the soft padding (horse hair) you feel your knuckles through the glove. or rather your opponents do

if you like them then go for it, theyre excellent gloves if you dont mind that they have less padding. if they dont bother your hands and your sparring partners dont complain and the gloves fit you well (which i assume) then theyre awesome gloves. quality is among the best. i had those in red and black as well but i need more padding for my brittle hands
        Cheers for all the suggestions anyway. Next time I get a new pair, I'll definitely look towards the Winnings.

Comment

• Anyone know about the Rival RS10V-2012 Sparring Gloves?

http://www.rivalboxing.com/en/boxing...p17630046.html

I plan to use them as a multi purpose glove (sparring/bags/mitts). Anyone used these or heard good things about them?

Comment

• Dude at my gym spars with them, they look great but to be honest, they are really over priced.

I would pay cheaper for a better sparring glove but since you want to use them for everything, they might be a good buy.

I like to use different gloves for different things.

Comment

• I've been punched in the mouth so many times with those gloves and it feels quite nice on my face and the other guy hasn't had hand problems.

In all seriousness though, everyone I've spoke to really likes the Rival gloves.

Comment

• I've been punched in the mouth so many times with those gloves and it feels quite nice on my face and the other guy hasn't had hand problems.

In all seriousness though, everyone I've spoke to really likes the Rival gloves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                  Dude at my gym spars with them, they look great but to be honest, they are really over priced.

I would pay cheaper for a better sparring glove but since you want to use them for everything, they might be a good buy.

I like to use different gloves for different things.
                  So you have gloves for sparring...
                  And then gloves for Bags/Mitt work?

Are they the same sizes?

Comment

• Dont use the same gloves for everything. Gloves that have had their foam and everything compressed because of heavybag work should not be used on your sparring partner. Another way of looking at it is that you would go through those gloves extremely quickly since they're used for everything. But on a serious note, don't use bag gloves on your sparring partner.

Comment

• Originally posted by prime tyme View Post
                      So you have gloves for sparring...
                      And then gloves for Bags/Mitt work?

Are they the same sizes?
                      Of course there's different gloves for different things.

I use bag gloves for hitting the mitts and the bags.

Then I use sparring gloves for sparring.

Sparring gloves are softer and protect your sparring partner better. Bag gloves are harder padding but protect the hand against repeated shots to the heavy bag and mitts. They are also lighter, usually like 12-14oz. My sparring gloves are 20oz.

Comment

Working...
                      X