Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think that Mayweather doesn't have any power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
    You must be confused.

I never claimed he was knocking anyone out.
    I'm confused? You said people don't think Mayweather has power because he's not knocking guys out left and right.

It seems like you're the confused one since Mayweather hasn't had a legit KO or even a knockdown since Ricky Hatton in 2007. That's hardly equating "knocking people out left and right"

A couple of KOs or even KDs since then would have been good to sway people's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      Illegal??? Ain't nobody covering up for a black convicted criminal for 20years..
      Typical victim mentality Floyd fan boy

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I'm confused? You said people don't think Mayweather has power because he's not knocking guys out left and right.

It seems like you're the confused one since Mayweather hasn't had a legit KO or even a knockdown since Ricky Hatton in 2007. That's hardly equating "knocking people out left and right"

A couple of KOs or even KDs since then would have been good to sway people's opinion.
        Dumbass, where did I say he had knocked anyone out (save the Ortiz debacle) since Hatton?

I also said quite a few other things in the post, but you focus on one that you can nitpick. I should have said "because he doesn't go for knock outs" but in my defense I never could have imagined some sensitive ass coming into the thread and complaining about choice of words.

Shut up and go back to boxrec.

Comment

Dumbass, where did I say he had knocked anyone out (save the Ortiz debacle) since Hatton?

I also said quite a few other things in the post, but you focus on one that you can nitpick. I should have said "because he doesn't go for knock outs" but in my defense I never could have imagined some sensitive ass coming into the thread and complaining about choice of words.

Shut up and go back to boxrec.
          Where did I say you said he was knocking people out?

Yeah, you're right. I'm a boxrec warrior.

Talking about being confused. haha.

Comment

Most of it has been said, and as usual, some dumbasses come in spewing absolute rubbish.

Comment

He has power for 140 and below for Welter and above he has to use steroids he just doesn't like to go toe to toe must not be confident on his chin you see How Madonna wobbled him or Mosley what the first thing he does Hold he holds them like a woman holds her man. His defense is mostly consist of holding and he know he has the refs in his pocket so he gets away with it

Comment

His lack of power is due to his demeanor and approach. Half the time he's throwing arm punches and playing tag.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

No offence to you lace but I think you got this wrong, read his post again. I don't think you understand what johnm was trying to imply in your post.

Comment

It's just because he's not knocking guys out left and right.

He wouldn't be able to cut guys' work rates in half if they didn't respect his power.

He's not a 'power puncher' but he's got enough to get your respect.

Also, brittle hands, doe.
                    great response that sums everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                      Floyd is physically strong but he doesnt have KO power. I think it has a lot to do with his brittle hands and also the fact that he doesnt sit on and commit to his punches. He prefers to strike like a cobra.

Floyd does damage as a result of accumulated and accurate punches.
                      Am going to add to this post, I think Mayweather is very care not to push the attack button too much also, he is very wary of NOT getting hit back with something he doesn't see. Pressing or going for the KO would leave him open too for a counter, this is why Mayweather was economical with his punches towards the end of his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X