Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin's Promoter: Wilder is NOT Getting Paid Until He Fights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this guy serious? LOL. They got caught cheating and are the ones upset?

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
      u are a punk like ur hero wilder who runs from 70 nanograms hahahahahahahahaha. why not postpone?? becuase he is scared.
      Who the one claiming this 70 nanograms? The promoter of the guy that cheated who tested clean 3 times this month but fourth came back dirty guy had blood drawn traces would of been found then but wasn't

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        I really don't believe Wilder's team are stupid enough to try take their share of the fight money. Ryabisnkiy claims team Wilder wrote to the bank.

You can try claim damages back from Povetkin, in whatever you paid out for training... but I don't believe they'd try claim the entire share. Thats ridiculous

Wilder is in a good position though. He is free to take up the fight offer later on, and he's easily able to demand much stricter testing. The 4.6 million payday is still there for him, should he wish to go that route.
        I don't think team wilder want to take their share of the money, but if indeed it's declared that povetkin did use the illegal substance, they can fight for a penalty sum. It's the same in real estate; any $$ relating to a home (down payments etc) are placed in a escrow account. In case there's a breach 8n the contract, the other part can demand a penalty sum or at the very least, make it extremely hard for you to get your $$ back because they also have to sign off on any withdrawal from the escrow account

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Well, Ryabinsky has 7m laying in escrow which team Wilder is trying to claim most of (unjustifiably)... as least that's what he's claiming but I don't think its true.

He's just using all the tools and persuasions he has in order to get the fight later down the line

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            LOL same thing I've been thinking. Since Friday they've been extremely vocal about how disappointed they are at everything/everyone except themselves lol. This really sucks for wilder though. He spent a ton of $$ on sparring partners, training, traveling, all sorts of preparation thinking he's going to receive over 4 millions, not hesitate receives nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
              Who the one claiming this 70 nanograms? The promoter of the guy that cheated who tested clean 3 times this month but fourth came back dirty guy had blood drawn traces would of been found then but wasn't
              anyone refute 70 nanograms? didn't think so. it's the truth as far as i'm concerned. and testing results arent always consistent. if povetkin used meldonium recently then why isn't there a much higher concentration???? 70 nanograms is incredibly small amount. very small.

most likely he used meldonium before it was banned but there were still very small traces that ended up showing in a test. it's so small that it couldn't be caught first time around.

Comment

I know whos not getting a shot at the world title tho.

Comment

1. Where we are with the B sample testing ?
                  2. What is WBC's latest update on the issue, the last official announcement was that the "fight was postponed" & no updates or probable testing dates were given out..

The fact that the 2 teams are not budging from their claims doesn't make it any easy to resolve the issue(if it is to be) or pursue with court claims..

Comment

Caught cheating and still think the fight suppose to go on, this would be a shame to boxing and it's fans.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      Not for the fight purse he doesn't. You aren't guaranteed your purse just by signing the contract.. you have to fulfil your obligations.

The fight actually has to happen in order to get paid for it. Neither fighter gets paid because the fight didn't happen - however Povetkin should be liable for any expenses on Wilder's side, as they are now wasted. I have literally no idea what jurisdiction the WBC has in this case, but i'm fairly sure the Russian courts won't be lenient with Wilder..
                      Povetkin can be on the hook not only for the expenses concurred but also for any possible damages I'm earning potential that Wilder lost out on if those can be proven which shouldn't be hard. That's based on US contract law tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X