Boardwalk Empire[TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
    That Cuban dude was cool as hell.

The interesting part about the flashbacks is that they haven't revealed how Gillian ended up with the commodore yet. Was it through Nucky? What happened to Nucky's wife/child? How did he go from being a man who had a reason, who would to anything for his family, to being completely alone.

That's all going to be wrapped up in the finale. Can't ****ing wait. After what they've done so far, you can bet your ass something nobody was expecting is going down.
    It's been an excellent final season. It took a while. I wasn't sure why they were flashing back at first.

Someone said the final season was about the formation of the mafia.

Actually, the final season is about Nucky facing his "original sin."

That original sin is Nucky giving Gillian to the Commodore.

It's been mentioned in previous episodes. Gillian mentioned in one episode that she met a young boy on the day she played a "consort" of King Neptune in the Atlantic City pageant they have on the beach (they showed that pageant at the beginning of a few episodes - like the episode where the shipment of booze washes up on the shore during pageant and everyone runs to get a bottle). She and that boy shared their first kiss and were supposed to meet later. But Gillian said she never got a chance to meet the young boy because, that night, Nucky Thompson took her to the Commodore's place. The Commodore got her drunk and raped her. She got pregnant with Jimmy and had him when she's 13.

She described the incident with the Commodore it in detail in the episode where she smacks the **** out of him (after he's suffered a stroke).

Nucky describes taking her to the Commodore in another episode.

When Gillian was shot up with heroin by Gyp in the last episode of that season, she's in the hall talking to Nucky like a little girl - reliving being attacked by the Commodore.

That's why Nucky looked out for Jimmy while he was growing up. He felt guilty about it and felt responsible.

That's probably also why Nucky went out of his way to help Margaret, when she was being abused by her husband, (and had the guy killed) in the first season. He was always trying to make up for the awful thing he did - giving a little girl to a guy he knew was a pedophile.

Nucky's wife wanted Gillian to live with them (she referred to her as her niece when the sheriff showed up on their door this season), but Gillian ran away when she thought Nucky was going to send her back to the orphanage she bolted from.

Gillian also refers to Nucky's deceased wife in one episode - mentioning how nice she was.

Nucky tells Margaret in one episode that his wife killed herself after their child died (after Margaret sees their tombstones in a cemetery.)

When Gillian sent him that letter in last week's episode, I was bowled over.

Nucky screwed Gillian over as a child. She spent years failing to get back at him - trying to help her son replace Nucky in the second season, working with Gyp to destroy Nucky in the third season, and then trying to let it all go last season by marrying that guy Roy - only to have Nucky screw her over again by telling them where the body was of her son (who he personally killed).

In the last episode, it looks like Nucky and Gillian need each other to be saved - physically (Gillian) and spiritually (Nucky).

What will happen, who knows?

Nucky might save her from the asylum, and then get killed by Luciano's guys, and die having "repented" for his sin.

Or Nucky could get killed by Luciano's guys and leaving Gillian stuck in the asylum forever. (Which would suck.)

Or he could live and she could die. The doctor there seems to like to try to "cut" the crazy out of his patients.

Some people have said the young kid he hired (who he paid to leave last week) was actually Jimmy Darmody's son (who left with Richard's girlfriend to live with Richard's sister on the farm before he got killed). That young guy could play into the final episode. (Maybe his grandma wrote him a letter, too, like she did Nucky?)

While I didn't get it at first (with all the flashbacks), I just think this season has been awesome.

The way it's finishing up, the whole series has basically been about those two main characters and how they relate to each other.

Pretty cool. I hope they can pull it all off.
    Last edited by Dubblechin; 10-22-2014, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
      This has been a good season so far, except they have been killing off all the characters I like. Chalky, Nelson, Doyle and the Cuban guy. I really hope Lansky gets killed in this last episode. He has always annoyed the hell out of me.
      Meyer Lansky lived until the 1980s. So I don't think that's going to happen.

All the guys who Nucky bowed to were real people, and they lived well past the 1930s. So they aren't going anywhere.

The question is which of the fictional characters die - Nucky, Gillian, Eli, Margaret, Dr. Narcisse, etc.

Or maybe none of them do. They have all shown a propensity for finding a way to survive despite truly awful circumstances.
      Last edited by Dubblechin; 10-22-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Well.....that's it then. Gillian always has a Plan B....the biatch.

Comment

• So far my favorites this season has Nucky's Cuban bodyguard and Benny (Bugsy) Seagal. Benny is a crazy mofo! Remember the shootout he had with Gyp in season 3? Gyp was lucky he had that girl for a shield!

Comment

• Holy ****! Wow! Did not see that coming!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pessimistic View Post
              Holy ****! Wow! Did not see that coming!!!
              At the end Nucky got what he deserved. Nucky's world was crumbling and he got a nice serving of karma. It was literally Jimmy coming back from the dead and taking out Nucky.

Tommy got revenge for all those who Nucky used as pawns to benefit his boardwalk empire. I kinda felt that Nucky knew that it was his time to go.

Did you guys notice that the IRS were going to arrest Nucky for tax invasion before Tommy shot him?

I want to see a series just on Luciano, Lansky and Siegal that would be great.

Comment

• they totally dropped the ball.

why do last seasons always have to suck?

smdh at tommy killing nucky. did that much time pass by for him to be all grown like that? not to mention young tommy had black/brown hair but grown tommy is blonde?

they didnt even get to show murder inc or albert anastasia smdh....

Comment

• Nucky got what he deserved.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
                    At the end Nucky got what he deserved. Nucky's world was crumbling and he got a nice serving of karma. It was literally Jimmy coming back from the dead and taking out Nucky.

Tommy got revenge for all those who Nucky used as pawns to benefit his boardwalk empire. I kinda felt that Nucky knew that it was his time to go.

Did you guys notice that the IRS were going to arrest Nucky for tax invasion before Tommy shot him?

I want to see a series just on Luciano, Lansky and Siegal that would be great.
                    Yep. I noticed those IRS guys. I also agree an offshoot series would be great.

Comment

• "The Commission," would be great! I'm not rocked by Nucky's death. Like I was Jimmy's or Richard's.

Comment

Working...
                      X