Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest United States President of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    What I said was "It's a start. Better than no rights for anyone. All or nothing attitudes get you nowhere."

What part of "It's a start" aren't you getting?

Instead of b1tching about the fact that idea of individual liberty was imperfectly implemented back in the day you could acknowledge that it was a start and opened the door for spreading that liberty to others down the road not to mention a huge improvement over the previous paradigm that all people were the property of king or state.

But then again you're incapable of acknowledging that as it deviates from your ideology.
    The idea that people deserve special privilege based on their sex, race or social status has also been the start of many negative things throughout history. Royals feeling they had a right to enslave people stems from that exact same ideology.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWeiTing View Post
      I listed an entire page of accomplishments on both an admirable personal level, as well as the political level on multiple fronts. I also stopped way short, listing only the easily referable ones.
      You state the use of google like it's a bad thing or something to hide. I knew all of those things about TR plus more, which is why I immediately decided to reference him out of all the presidents. Of course, I did use google to fact check and make sure that I had the details right before posting.
      Also, you must have missed the first part of my post. I won't repeat it, just go back and read what I wrote (for this exact reason) before I listed anything about TR.
      Don't get me wrong, I pointed that fact because the nobel prize of peace and instigating a secession war in colombia just because they declined to cede rights to the US for 99 years on sovereign colombian territory its a BIG contradiction.. everybody knew it at the time and he always deny it until later when the hot head he was shouted "yes I did it"...
      Everything else you listed is right, he was a great american, and he had a very interesting life, the reason I had read his biography.. but in that item you can compare him to polk who also instigated a war with mexico to take half its territory, something lincoln himself said it was one of the saddest and shameful pages in american history..
      Last edited by controlmachete; 09-28-2013, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X