Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Calzaghe: A Good Fight, But I'd Beat Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyotfo View Post
    Chris Eubank was world class, a two weight world champ who beat a prime Nigel Benn. As good an opponent as anyone Ward has beaten.
    Not exactly a prime Eubank...

Joe wouldn't have the balls to enter a tourney that a very green Ward did...JC pulled out of the Lacy fight and ducked Glen Johnson (who Calzaghe could have beat)...the point is-Joe didn't have enough confidence in himself to take big risks that Ward has ALREADY taken at this stage.

Comment

What is he gonna say? Ward would beat my azz?
      if ur retired then dont run ur mouth about woulda-coulda
      unless ur gonna step up and put ur azz to the test IMO

-----------------------------------------------------

He was on a show and asked a direct question one of many. Of course he thinks he could win, if Ward asked the same he's going to say the same.

What's it matter only his opinion - Ward and anyone can disagree - I don't see what the issue is really.

He paid Ward respect - said he's a top champion and it would have been a tough fight.

Comment

Ward would destroy calzaghe !

Comment

This guy is the most unrespected undefeated champion that retired undefeated in boxing history. He doesn't beat Ward though.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun1123
            At Best Dude Fought a DRAW WITH BERNARD HOPKINS. I HAD HOP A ROUND OR TWO BASED ON clean punches.

WARD is Hopkins 2.0 FOR REAL.

Calzaghe IS LIKE Marciano. HE ONLY FOUGHT THEM WHEN THEY WERE OLD.

WARD WOULD EASILY DECISION Calzaghe.

Calzaghe FIGHTS LIKE AN AMATEUR FOR REAL.

But real Talk Calzaghe did go undefeated, gotta give him credit for that.

However he is the best Cherry picker of ALL TIME.
            he speaks the truth..

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

If they fought in 2008, right before Calzaghe retired, he would have KO'd Ward. Ward was rocked a couple times, when he was a rooky, at light heavyweight.

Comment

This is a fight where u have to watch it to know the outcome. Two unarthodox fighters...I believe ward is more unarthodox than convential, for he's a switch hitter, boxer-brawler.

Comment

he really would

Comment

Are we talking about the same guy who went life and death with a way past his prime Bhop and got knocked down in the first round by the ghost of Roy Jones and couldn't stop him even with an eye that one of the worst I've ever seen?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
                      This guy is the most unrespected undefeated champion that retired undefeated in boxing history. He doesn't beat Ward though.
                      Why do you think that is - he is British Champ that won world titles in 2 weight divisions retired undefeated as a world champ for 10 years - beat Lacey who was the considered the best pound for pound in the States beat undefeated kessler won titles in both Super Middleweight and Light Heavyweight is well respected in the State and has a place in Boxing Hall of Fame in most countries they would be proud to have someone like that - so what is wrong with certain British Boxing Public - my feeling what I've gathered is the only people who have aproblem with Joe and will not give him is respect is the Froch supporters ask yourself why they are narrow minded and don't like it when Joe one of the greats tells them like it is - get over it Froch is not World Class and Joe is.

Comment

Working...
                      X