No announcement yet.

Reason why Martinez couldnt keep his knees intact

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason why Martinez couldnt keep his knees intact

It was definitely the catchweight. We know Cotto is no stranger to catchweights as he has been on both sides of the table in the negotiations, and he knew exactly how 1 pound could completely change a man's condition for a fight, but the more drained Sergio was, the worse it was for his knees.

Does anyone else agree with me? Don't say I am hating because Im puerto rican and have followed Cotto throughout his career. My post history proves it.

The real reason was because Cotto took them to pad his own knees for future fights. Then he used santerķa to turn Sergio into a Mexican and force him to quit on his stool.

Disclaimer: Im not a professional boxer but I have worn boxer shorts which makes me knowledgeable on the sport and the chinese Boxer Rebellion.
    Yes it did. His knee was drained.
    0.00%
    Sergio just suffers from weak bone structure, 1 extra pound of water wouldnt have made a difference.
    100.00%

It has nothing to do with the weight. He comfortably made 159.

The problem was he had knee surgeries at the age of 40 and was coming off a 14 month layoff where he looked like **** against Murray.

Ask yourself...this guy was wearing a knee brace and **** for the entire training camp, did he even spar once? NO.

This is a guy who's entire style relies on his legs and movement to get punches off.

Now Cotto fanboys are acting like he beat a prime non crippled Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
      It has nothing to do with the weight. He comfortably made 159.

The problem was he had knee surgeries at the age of 40 and was coming off a 14 month layoff where he looked like **** against Murray.

Ask yourself...this guy was wearing a knee brace and **** for the entire training camp, did he even spar once? NO.

This is a guy who's entire style relies on his legs and movement to get punches off.

Now Cotto fanboys are acting like he beat a prime non crippled Martinez.
      Yeah but think about it this way. NFL and Rugby players don't have skinny bodies because they want to pulverize other players, they have those so they cannot get injured or have a bone fractured as easily as they do when skinny.

Cotto and his camp knew about this so they forced la Maravicha to drain his knees for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
        Yeah but think about it this way. NFL and Rugby players don't have skinny bodies because they want to pulverize other players, they have those so they cannot get injured or have a bone fractured as easily as they do when skinny.

Cotto and his camp knew about this so they forced la Maravicha to drain his knees for the fight.
        Yeah but Martinez has always weighed in around 159 for middleweight fights so its hard to say he was drained even at the 159 catchweight.

What isnt hard to say was his knee was completely shot and shouldnt of even been in the ring last night.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post

You know nothing .

Weight has a little to do with it but i was 154lbs when my knee popped playing football, a knee injury happens when the body weight is put on the the opposite side the foot is pushing to.

Healthy knee's should have minimal water in them anyway so it really has **** all to do with the weight.

PS

The heavier people are more succeptible to knee injuries as it happens in the NFL OFTEN.
          Last edited by Curtiz; 06-08-2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

He had knee troubles in the last fights at 160, and those didn't have catch weights. Your theory is easily disproven by that alone. Did you think this through at all?

Comment

Working...
            X