Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who remembers the All Time Great, Ricardo Lopez?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember his fight against... ahh...? Who the fck did he beat again?

Comment

The real goat

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I remember him.

Not an ATG IMO.

3rd paragraph summed it up perfectly.
        A lot of people would disagree with you including Floyd mayweather who is a huge fan of Finito Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
          I remember his fight against... ahh...? Who the fck did he beat again?
          Only real boxing fans would know.

Rosendo Alvarez one of the top guys around the division. Finito drew once then came back to out box him.

Alex nene sanchez-another top guy at the time. Finito stopped him in 5.

Saman Sorjaturong who later went on to destroy Chiquita Gonzalez. Finito stopped him in two.

Moved up to jr flyweight-to take will grigsby's title. Grigsby one of the few American champs in the lower weights at the time.

Just to name a few.

Again only real boxing fans know that Finito was no joke and an all time great.

And to quote Roger Mayweather "most ppl dont know ***** about boxing ".

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post

Rosendo Alvarez one of the top guys around the division. Finito drew once then came back to out box him.

Saman Sorjaturong who later went on to destroy Chiquita Gonzalez. Finito stopped him in two.

Moved up to jr flyweight-to take will grigsby's title. Grigsby one of the few American champs in the lower weights at the time.

Just to name a few.

Comment

Just to name a few.

And those wins make him an ATG?

Alvarez was robbed in the first fight. Second fight imo could've gone either way.

Nene? Well its a win I guess.

Saman beat a past prime shop worn Chiquita and he didn't destroy him. It was a competitively brutal FOTY fight where Saman got dropped a few times too. In his prime, Chiquita would've killed a Saman on steroids. And what did Chiquita do after that fight?

And Grisby really?

Why couldn't he fight Carbajal, Gonzalez, or Baby Jake etc?
              Last edited by goblin213; 12-22-2015, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                And those wins make him an ATG?

Alvarez was robbed in the first fight. Second fight imo could've gone either way.

Nene? Well its a win I guess.

Saman beat a past prime shop worn Chiquita and he didn't destroy him. It was a competitively brutal FOTY fight where Saman got dropped a few times too. In his prime, Chiquita would've killed a Saman on steroids. And what did Chiquita do after that fight?

And Grisby really?

Why couldn't he fight Carbajal, Gonzalez, or Baby Jake etc?
                The wins are part of it but its not always just the wins, you should know that by now.

Its the style in which you win, the skill you display and the longevity all play a major roll aswell.

Lopez moved up to jr flyweight late in his career he never had problem making weight.

Kinda like GGG doesn't feel the need to move up cuz he has no weight issues.

Lopez was a text book perfect fighter if you think the 2nd Alvarez fight could have went either way well then i really don't know what to tell you, that fight was a clear win for Lopez.

Obviously you weren't a Lopez fan but most including Floyd mayweather feel the guy was something special.

Its fine you have your opinion but i strongly disagree with it.
                Last edited by kidbazooka; 12-22-2015, 02:09 AM.

Comment

A lot of people would disagree with you including Floyd mayweather who is a huge fan of Finito Lopez.
                  Floyd Mayweather's ATG list is labelled a joke on here.

Like I already said I can logically justify my opinion.

His resume is weak. Plain and simple.

Comment

Don't know about all time great.

Comment

he was a complete fighter and the prototypical boxer puncher.....finito is one of my all time favorites

Nacho Beristein trained fighters always have that high lead hand and sweet combinations with superb balance

Comment

Working...
                      X