Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL : Which physical attribute would you rather have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chin/punch resistance because you'll be in every fight and always have a chance

Also technique and fitness are things a good trainer you can improve on while a chin is something that you're stuck with for the most part

Comment

power...

the kind that can end any fight at anytime once it connects...

Comment

speed....

Comment

Stamina.

Power is my second choice. Julian Jackson power lol.

Comment

Stamina is maybe the greatest attribute to have. If you're not that fast, you can learn timing. Possessing an absolutely fabulous jab can trump both speed & power. But stamina & endurance, those are hard to beat.

Comment

Height and range. Although you can compensate for it by learning how to cut the ring off and box on the inside ideally I would like to box like Hearns and height and range is one of the few things you can not improve with training. Stamina can be earned by training like a beast, power can be improved through training plus with height/reach I'd have leverage on the punches, speed I would compensate for by keeping the opponent at bay with jab and/or timing them.

Comment

I would say most ATG fighters had amazing chins. Some had power, some had speed, some had skills.......most had chins. Chin and durability are important in a game where even if you fight a slow fighter with no power, chances are you are gonna get hit.
                Last edited by Rapid Counter; 04-10-2012, 06:47 AM.

Comment

good stamina = good chin

with chin + stamina all i need is intelligence to box with the best of'em

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                    Speed kills.
                    It's a cliche, but cliches are cliches for a reason. Everything works off of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      be fast

speed often covers for guys when they make mistakes

if you're fast, your shots travel faster and are harder to see. opponents get hurt with what they don't see, it's boxing 101.
                      Yeah but eventually you become like Roy Jones......

Stamina, outwork your opponent, one thing the best in the sport have in common is that they have great stamina.... You can have decent speed and great stamina and get many wins. But I have seen people with good speed get their asses handed to them. What good is being able to take a bunch of punches, when eventually you will get served anyway. A well known iron chin means your defense sucks.... How else would people know you cant take a ton of Punishment?? Margarito/ Pacquiao comes to mind.

JUST MY 2 CENTS

Comment

Working...
                      X