Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac-SSM for WW Lineal Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being the lineal champion, especially as Pac is the record man on that account, should mean something. Beating a Mosley who got his ass kicked by May last year and ain't won a fight in two years, at any weight, would be a cheap, sorry ass stat pad. Manny already has those in the form of shallow belts at Lightweight and Jr. Middleweight. The lineal accomplishments shouldn't be as hollow. What makes them special in Pac's case is that, at 112, 126, 130, and 140 he beat the recognized best man in class who also happened to be the lineal king.

Sasakul was coming off the Arbachakov win, Barrera was on the run of his career, Marquez was 1A to Pac at 130 after his Barrera win, and Hatton was the indisputable king still at 140.

Mosley got his ass kicked the last time out at Welter.

One of these things is not like the other.

Unless Floyd retires again (at which point Manny-Ortiz is as good as anything in the Welter field right now), there is only ONE legit World title fight at 147. Eventually, it WILL happen. We can all wait. History is like that sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      yes he beat the #3 ww..shane hasnt won in 2 years..pretty simple..wtf does liking or not liking manny have to do with that??its common damn sense
      you mofos need to cut that bullsht man....shane was the lineal ww champ and only lost to flod...he fought mora at the higher weight where usaully does'nt do good and he got a draw......all of a sudden he's crap fighter even at ww?...

Comment

Originally posted by Horvo View Post
        Again, my argument is not about the Ring belt or ratings.

People that don't hate Pacquiao really think Ortiz should be ranked above Mosley at WW? With one win? His draw with Lamont Peterson was so much better than Mosley's with Mora? Ortiz jumped from 9th at JWW to #2 at WW? People really think Ortiz would have done better against PBF and then stopped Mora at 154? You would bet on Ortiz to beat Shane at 147? I just don't see it unless you are hating on Pacquiao.

I am betting that Ring Magazine realized what would happen if Mosley was ranked higher and decided to move Ortiz up even though they regarded him so lightly at JWW.
        I think that's exactly it. They didn't want blood on their hands by putting the title on the line in what is already a highly criticized fight. The Ring ratings panel and Nigel Collins don't live in a vacuum.

Even though everything you said about Ortiz/Mosley is true.

Comment

i dont think Ortiz deserves the no.2 spot yet coz he beat Berto....he need a couple of fights at WW top 10 to that except Pac....then he can fight Pac for the lineal WW title

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            Being the lineal champion, especially as Pac is the record man on that account, should mean something. Beating a Mosley who got his ass kicked by May last year and ain't won a fight in two years, at any weight, would be a cheap, sorry ass stat pad. Manny already has those in the form of shallow belts at Lightweight and Jr. Middleweight. The lineal accomplishments shouldn't be as hollow. What makes them special in Pac's case is that, at 112, 126, 130, and 140 he beat the recognized best man in class who also happened to be the lineal king.

Sasakul was coming off the Arbachakov win, Barrera was on the run of his career, Marquez was 1A to Pac at 130 after his Barrera win, and Hatton was the indisputable king still at 140.

Mosley got his ass kicked the last time out at Welter.

One of these things is not like the other.

Unless Floyd retires again (at which point Manny-Ortiz is as good as anything in the Welter field right now), there is only ONE legit World title fight at 147. Eventually, it WILL happen. We can all wait. History is like that sometimes.
            Pretty much precisely what I'm saying.

Manny's 4 Lineal Titles have been legit as any. 4 great wins and legit gain of the Lineage.

Beating Shane Mosley at this stage would not equal them...

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
              really........................
              OH!! That's new...didn't know that. Then yes...it won't be for a Ring belt.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                you mofos need to cut that bullsht man....shane was the lineal ww champ and only lost to flod...he fought mora at the higher weight where usaully does'nt do good and he got a draw......all of a sudden he's crap fighter even at ww?...
                not calling him crap man..but he hasnt won a ww fight sicne 09..so of course he isnt the #2 guy..ortiz just beat the #3 so hes higher..common sense

Comment

Pac could realistically win 2 more lineal belts- unifying 147 and then maybe fighting the winner of Cotto-Cintron next year since they're 1-2 in that division and on a crash course. He already has the record at 4, but getting 6 is otherwordly... and it's very possible/doable.

Winning one against Mosley would be pretty weak, I must admit.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                    Pac could realistically win 2 more lineal belts- unifying 147 and then maybe fighting the winner of Cotto-Cintron next year since they're 1-2 in that division and on a crash course. He already has the record at 4, but getting 6 is otherwordly... and it's very possible/doable.

Winning one against Mosley would be pretty weak, I must admit.
                    cotto's fighting cintron??

Comment

Originally posted by Horvo View Post
                      I think that Shane is going to end up being the 2nd ranked WW after PBF is dropped for inactivity and no plan to fight for more than a year. That would make this fight for the lineal title. (Shane will probably be ranked 3rd by most people this week.)

I think Pac and Mosley's fight should be for the lineal title.
                      i think mentioning lineal title in WW is irrelevant right now since the WW rankings is stiill in disarray.....like FMJ retired and Berto got beaten from a JWW...If only SSM was the one who beats Berto then we can make a case

Comment

Working...
                      X