Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the F did Marc Gasol get DPOY award??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
    Did you watch Basketball this year?

Their dumb asses traded their best player the only reason they held it together was because Gasol shut down the paint. Much better defender then his brother.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Rudy Gay was there best player? WTF. They have always played better without him, especially in the playoffs. All he was good for was going 7/29 every other game. It should of gone to Lebron he's the only guy who guards 4 positions and sometimes 5. He completely shuts down players. Marc just roams around in the paint because he usually guards a ****ty big man. Don't get me wrong, he's damn good ,but Lebron was just on another level. When the other team was down to the last shot, he would defend that player, no matter the position.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      The Big Fundamental should have won it as a lifetime achievement award.
      Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      tim has been great but he didn't play enough minutes.

he plays 24 while marc is playing 32-40
      Marc plays more minutes but timmy still had the better numbers and commits lesser fouls while ancoring the spurs defence. They were the 3rd best defensive in the nba. Also marc has the benefit of a good dfensive backcourt with allen and conley.

Buuuut.. Knowing how awards can be a popularity contest nowadays. Im not suprised duncan was 6th place for DPOY

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post
        he keeps on improving also.. MIP???
        This was his first year after winning a title. Rookie of the Year.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
          it's not all about averaging 4 blocks per game or 5 steals per game, he doesn't even have to shutdown the opponent's center just to be recognized as DPOY

he's a big help on disrupting the opponent's flow of offense, like Tua said, cutting off drives etc. is a big factor in playing great team defense
          where in any of my posts did I mention stats? I think Tony Allen is the best defender on that team and his defensive "stats" aren't better than Gasol's. He's just a much better 1on1 defender than Gasol.

Also Lebron hasn't ever lead the league in steals or blocks yet I think he's the best defender. Read my posts before replying.

Comment

Erik Spoelstra is just the assistant, Lebron actually draws up plays during timeouts. Coach of the Year goes to Lebron.

Comment

lebron is so good he deserves to have his own statue bowing to his airness' built outside the united center.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                where in any of my posts did I mention stats? I think Tony Allen is the best defender on that team and his defensive "stats" aren't better than Gasol's. He's just a much better 1on1 defender than Gasol.

Also Lebron hasn't ever lead the league in steals or blocks yet I think he's the best defender. Read my posts before replying.
                but the thing is it's not always attributed to being a good "1on1" defender

Tony Allen can be a defensive lockdown expert but he's only shutting down his assignment, Gasol however can be a big defensive presence in the middle that he's making the slashers think twice of driving to the lane...did you get my point? if you're playing hoops you will understand this

Comment

Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
                  lebron is so good he deserves to have his own statue bowing to his airness' built outside the united center.
                  #6 is the new #23

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                    #6 is the new #23
                    as one of my pinoy brethrens would say...

'marami pa kain bigash si lebron para majing jordan'

Comment

first time i agreed with a kswizzy bball opinion.

marc gasol getting DPOY is a freaking joke. If you want to give the award to a memphis player then it should have been given to tony allen. Allen had a higher defensive rating than marc.

Gasol is not even in the top 10 in blocks per game, rebounds, or steals.

and yes, nothing will ever top the travesty of awarding steve nash back to back mvps. HOrrible affirmative action award.

Comment

Working...
                      X