Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone live in NYC,?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of white/Jewish moving here. landlords take advantage and put the rent up to $1300-1500/month or more and the white people will pay it. The Dominicans, well, not so much lol. There are Dominicans that can afford that sure, but more whites can afford it. Not to mention there's a huge Jewish University around here. Washington Heights is a safe place, it's no longer dangerous like it was in the 70s-mid 2000s. If you can afford better, stay away from here. Derranged was not joking, it is overcrowded, buildings stink, and it is just not a very nice place to live. Stay away from here, even though it is safe. At least stay away from Amsterdam avenue, Audobon avenue, Saint Nicholas avenue.

Comment

I just located a neighbourhood in Bed-Stuy that I haven't visited in 30 years. It looks exactly the same.

The internet is awesome, thank you Al Gore!!

Comment

Why do I always get the feeling that people that want to move to New York, have never been there or only been there on vacation?

You probably get the least amount back for your money than you do in NYC. If you enjoy paying a boat load of cash for something you will never own(apartment), go for it but chances are you're going to spend everything you have on rent and not be able to do anything else.

I don't think people realize that when you go on vacation somewhere, that is not how typical life is if you live there. There are a lot of other cities, far cheaper than NYC, that can offer you enough things to keep you busy and happy but also keep a buck in your pocket so when you're 70 you aren't starving.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Why do I always get the feeling that people that want to move to New York, have never been there or only been there on vacation?

You probably get the least amount back for your money than you do in NYC. If you enjoy paying a boat load of cash for something you will never own(apartment), go for it but chances are you're going to spend everything you have on rent and not be able to do anything else.

I don't think people realize that when you go on vacation somewhere, that is not how typical life is if you live there. There are a lot of other cities, far cheaper than NYC, that can offer you enough things to keep you busy and happy but also keep a buck in your pocket so when you're 70 you aren't starving.
          You never have anything nice to say about NYC

Like every other city, NYC has it's bad places and it's good places. The good outweighs the bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            I think English, Australians, Canadians, Americans should all be able to easily live/work in each others countries, but all would rather take in poor immigrants than people who would pretty much slot straight in
            I WISH. I'd move to Oz tomorrow if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              You never have anything nice to say about NYC

Like every other city, NYC has it's bad places and it's good places. The good outweighs the bad.
              Naw, I like NYC. It's certainly a fun city but the price of living there is very expensive. You better have a very well paying job or you're probably going to spending most of your time inside and staring at 4 walls. If money isn't a problem then NYC is great.

Comment

Working...
              X