Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holyfield Broke. Selling off Championship belts, Olympic medal, etc.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really have sympathy for people who have had millions and blow it all.

Comment

Guys like Don King convince successful black men that white guys always want to keep them down and steal from them, then proceed to suck them dry.

Do professional boxers have a union? Football players in the UK have the PFA and Formula 1 drivers have something similar. Too many boxers end up in trouble. Somebody needs to stand up for their interests.

Comment

Originally posted by Exocet View Post
        Reminds of the Thomas Hearns auction a couple years back to pay off his IRS bill. Check out some of the things he tried to sell to make the cash:

http://deadspin.com/5507348/the-10-s...tion/gallery/1

I know it's his own doing but pretty sad to see a five division champion auctioning AA batteries.
        Do you know if the batteries are still up for grabs? Because my TV remote is getting a bit iffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
          Do you know if the batteries are still up for grabs? Because my TV remote is getting a bit iffy.
          Unfortunately they've gone but you can still get three of the Christmas stockings and a rusty speaker.

Comment

Holyfield’s numbers and appetites are of biblical proportions. All those children, all those wives, all that money, all those rooms. What, exactly, is the point of having 109 rooms?

Warren Buffett, one of the richest men on planet earth, still lives in the same Nebraska home he’s owned for decades. Buffett purchased it long before becoming mega-rich. He owns several homes, of course, but it’s still his primary residence. The house is fairly modest, from what I understand. Sam Walton (the founder of Wal-Mart) continued to live in the same middle-class neighborhood even after he became a billionaire. Ol’ Sam used to drive a pick-up. The kind of money Holyfield made in his career would be considered a tiny amount to these two titans. Yet, men like Buffett and Walton respect the value of money immensely. They didn’t burn their loot, although they could’ve and never run out.

I hate to see Evander like this. I wish him well, but he’s definitely reaping what he’s sown.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
              Guys like Don King convince successful black men that white guys always want to keep them down and steal from them, then proceed to suck them dry.

Do professional boxers have a union? Football players in the UK have the PFA and Formula 1 drivers have something similar. Too many boxers end up in trouble. Somebody needs to stand up for their interests.
              You can't blame Don King for fighters being broke as in the case of Tyson and Holyfield? They made 100s of millions without Don King skimming money off the side. It's more money than most people will ever see and they really should have been more careful with it.

If you have 100 million in the bank, assuming they invest their money wisely they can live as though they are earning 1 million a year and still have an estate that is growing financially. To have 200+ million in the bank and end up broke you would have to be down right stupid.
              Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Holyfield’s numbers and appetites are of biblical proportions. All those children, all those wives, all that money, all those rooms. What, exactly, is the point of having 109 rooms?

Warren Buffett, one of the richest men on planet earth, still lives in the same Nebraska home he’s owned for decades. Buffett purchased it long before becoming mega-rich. He owns several homes, of course, but it’s still his primary residence. The house is fairly modest, from what I understand. Sam Walton (the founder of Wal-Mart) continued to live in the same middle-class neighborhood even after he became a billionaire. Ol’ Sam used to drive a pick-up. The kind of money Holyfield made in his career would be considered a tiny amount to these two titans. Yet, men like Buffett and Walton respect the value of money immensely. They didn’t burn their loot, although they could’ve and never run out.

I hate to see Evander like this. I wish him well, but he’s definitely reaping what he’s sown.
              Truth is in the above post. Rich people actually live beneath their means.

Comment

It really is a pity, real deal is one of my favourite fighters and I hope he gets back on his feet. He has no one else to blame but himself at the end of the day though.

Comment

This is depressing to hear.

Comment

I dont know how the cs thing works but shouldn't the court re do the figures he doesn't make what he used to and it's costing him his health. Also he should start training people really at least it's steady income tons of fighters would love to train under Holyfield I bet he might be shot but his knowledge isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      You can't blame Don King for fighters being broke as in the case of Tyson and Holyfield? They made 100s of millions without Don King skimming money off the side. It's more money than most people will ever see and they really should have been more careful with it.

If you have 100 million in the bank, assuming they invest their money wisely they can live as though they are earning 1 million a year and still have an estate that is growing financially. To have 200+ million in the bank and end up broke you would have to be down right stupid.

Truth is in the above post. Rich people actually live beneath their means.
                      that's the trick to staying rich

if you're wealth isnt growing, it's shrinking.

managing and maintaining a level of wealth on the level that these fighters achieve is evidently not easy for them. it's hard to judge somebody who is so ignorant.
                      Last edited by New England; 08-09-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X