No announcement yet.

Reality Check for Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality Check for Pac

Pac won a very close fight. This is not a thread to debate who won the fight.

But Im actually kinda glad that it was another war. In every sport, complacency is the downfall of all great athletes and teams. Pac has been steamrolling through competition for too long. He needed this close fight to remind him that hard work and good preparation are what will win the megafights (floyd).

I hope Pac and his camp realizes that he doesn't automatically win just because he is the better athlete, fighter, etc. This is why we love sports.

yeahh youre right, dont argue who won the fight, its no argument...MARQUEZ

Comment

lul wut? By all accounts he trained harder than ever which I don't doubt for his second, look at his physique it was phenomenal - he didn't slack off it was just a clash of styles that worked against him.

So no hard work and dedication is not the issue here, Manny has plenty of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
        lul wut? By all accounts he trained harder than ever which I don't doubt for his second, look at his physique it was phenomenal - he didn't slack off it was just a clash of styles that worked against him.

So no hard work and dedication is not the issue here, Manny has plenty of that.
        Cherrypicking the last few fights just blew up in his face. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
          Cherrypicking the last few fights just blew up in his face. That's all.
          Bro, JMM is not cherry-picking. He is solid and you know it.

The reality check for Manny is after the fight and everyone was booing him. He looked as if his feelings were hurt. Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by hypodermical View Post
            Pac won a very close fight. This is not a thread to debate who won the fight.

But Im actually kinda glad that it was another war. In every sport, complacency is the downfall of all great athletes and teams. Pac has been steamrolling through competition for too long. He needed this close fight to remind him that hard work and good preparation are what will win the megafights (floyd).

I hope Pac and his camp realizes that he doesn't automatically win just because he is the better athlete, fighter, etc. This is why we love sports.
            I totally agree. I hope this truly wakes him up. He needs to return that Ferrari. He also needs to quit his job as a Congressman. He can still change things being a civilian.

He needs to being back the mentality of pre-DLH. I truly think at that stage he was focused and executed game plan. He really thought he was gonna go in there with Juan and steamroll him. I just hope he can bounce back from this.

Comment

Originally posted by clmags12 View Post

The reality check for Manny is after the fight and everyone was booing him. He looked as if his feelings were hurt. Ouch!
              If Pac didn't fight slow, plodding, over the hill, past prime fighters the last 3 years, I bet he wouldn't have felt like shit yesterday. And yes, he felt like shit. Look at his body language when the fight ended. Marquez raised his arm in absolute triumph, knowing that he finally beat his rival. Pacquiao looked dejected. When Pacquiao was put on one of his people's shoulders he looked ashamed. I would have had a load of respect for Pacquiao if he said that he may have lost or that he thought it was a draw but no, all he could say is that "I clearly won" during the post fight press conference.

Comment

I do agree with that it was another waking up call for Pac just like the Morales fight. Yes, he was dedicated during training but i always felt that all the victories since Morales got it into his head.

Comment

Originally posted by clmags12 View Post

JMM is still solid but we didn't know it, and nor did Pacquiao's team, which is precisely the reason why they picked that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GG Magic View Post
                    JMM is still solid but we didn't know it, and nor did Pacquiao's team, which is precisely the reason why they picked that fight.
                    The reason why people were against Marquez is his weight. Manny was fighting bigger dudes and Juan's performance against Floyd @ WW (catchweight).

Manny and Juan are the same size.

Comment

Working...
                    X