Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC officially bigger than Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, boxing still bigger. That is not to say that the UFC can't take over in the future. The new generation seem to be attracted to UFC a little more than boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
      Man TBE is the past. He only sold like 100K ppv'so vs. Berto. I bought it 3x trying to get the numbers up.

Connor Mcgregor's numbers are much higher than TBE's were at 26. That is a fact. Ronda Rousey is a star. She is the future of combat sports.
      Youre fckn dumb lmao

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        If you go by what the best fighters actually get paid then boxing is bigger and it's not even close.
        Using this logic boxing is the biggest sport in the world since Manny & Floyd have been among the top paid athletes for the last few years & I think most would agree football (NFL in the US) or football (soccer in the US) have HUGE audiences that outreach boxings grasp by a large margin in the US & world respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
          Man I love boxing. It's my favorite sport. I barely watch mma. Take emotion out of it and look at the numbers.

It is over for boxing. It's done.
          Are you Puerto Rican? You sound like golovkin on here.

Comment

Coward types like andre ward and kell brook hold boxing back by winning a few fights then spending the next decade trying to get freebies and playing weight games

unfortunately the only solution is a UFC type organizational umbrella where fighters are forced to face each other and the closest thing we have is PBC -- run by Al Haymon who is an even bigger fan of lopsided fights and freebies than Bob/King/etc ever were. So there goes that.

The rays of hope are guys like canalo and kovalev who aren't with haymon and take on challenges voluntarily. If they stay healthy boxing will survive, maybe not beat MMA, but survive.

Comment

UFC went out the window when Silva got his ass knocked out then his leg broken the same dude

Then he gets popped for like 50 steroids.

Comment

verga?

Comment

I didn't read all the replies.

Boxing isn't exclusive to the US. The world still LOVES boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
                    Are you Puerto Rican? You sound like golovkin on here.
                    No. I am not Puerto Rican.

Comment

Why do boxers make so much more money than mma fighters?

Why are boxing gates so much higher than mma gates?

http://boxing.nv.gov/results/Top_Boxing_Gates/

http://boxing.nv.gov/results/Top_MMA_Gates/

Why does boxing have the top 6 PPV events of all-time?

Why is boxing an Olympic sport and mma is not?

Why are there more professional/amateur boxers globally than mma fighters?

Comment

Working...
                      X