Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting to See Mayweather Diss Catchweights, Yet...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
    Isn't that being a bit biased towards Floyd?

Had it been Pacquiao saying the same thing, Pacquiao would be heavily criticized. A catchweight is a catchweight in relation to dissing one guy doing it, and then applying it in your own situation. Nevertheless I don't see these two ever fighting, but it is contradictory.
    Saying and doing is different , Manny does it Floyd says he might , if Floyd fights SM I want it at MW and if its not I will not approve , thats not bias thats being real about it .

Comment

Obviously in that case it's not a catchweight as he mentioned. He would've said at "154lbs".
      He could also be talking about anything between 155 and 160.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        he says "they are talking" about him & Martinez at a CW. He's not saying it himself. Also, some people wonder what CW really means. Floyd may also consider 154 a CW since he's really a WW and Sergio is a MW.
        But why mention anything about a catchweight? Again, it seems like Floyd can say something along these lines, yet Pacquiao asks Cotto to fight at 147 9whi I didn't agree with) and people throw rocks at him, but not Floyd if the same applies?

The way I see it, if Floyd has been very vocal about fighting the best at "their" weight, isn't Martinez a Middleweight? Martinez hasn't fought at 154lbs in quite a while now. Jr Middleweight is Jr Middleweight, not a catchweight.

Comment

Obviously in that case it's not a catchweight as he mentioned. He would've said at "154lbs".

Yep. But sergio fights a class higher than that. If he has to go down to 154, would that be considered a catchweight where floyd fights in?

Comment

Originally posted by gapo View Post
            I don't remember a fight between sergio versus pacquiao being worked out. How did manny turned down a catchweigh 150 fight against sergio again? was it ever on the table or, was it just a hearsay?
            Believe it or not and I will try and find the video. Arum said that Manny vs Martinez wouldn't make sense because Martinez doesn't sell enough tickets and nobody knows him. Which is funny as hell because Martinez is the P4P#3 in the world. That was Arums response to Sergio's suggestion at a CW of 150. Its pretty similar to what Arum was saying about Sergio when Sergio wanted to fight Chavez.Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              He could also be talking about anything between 155 and 160.
              It's still a catchweight though if Martinez isn't allowed make the Middleweight limit.

Again, I'm not one of these guys who disses Floyd all day, I just find it very contradictory to diss a guy who took catchweight fights, and now he himself mentions it as a possibility.

Comment

But why mention anything about a catchweight? Again, it seems like Floyd can say something along these lines, yet Pacquiao asks Cotto to fight at 147 9whi I didn't agree with) and people throw rocks at him, but not Floyd if the same applies?

The way I see it, if Floyd has been very vocal about fighting the best at "their" weight, isn't Martinez a Middleweight? Martinez hasn't fought at 154lbs in quite a while now. Jr Middleweight is Jr Middleweight, not a catchweight.
                what you say makes no sense because Pac & Cotto were negotating. Floyd wasnt talking about a real fight right now. They werent in negotations. It wasnt even a serious thing. He was just answering in jest. Why does Floyd have to fight him at MW? If so then great but 154 is definitely good enough. What if Floyd wants to fight Ward?

Would you complain if he met him at MW? You have to be fair. Thats not the same as Pac telling Cotto to come to 149, espically against a man he already whooped. That was the main problem everyone had. Plus he already whooped him at a CW. Now you want to rematch a guy you already destroyed and do it at another CW. It made no sense and he should be ripped for it

Comment

mayweather/martinez won't happen.

i don't know why this thread was made.

Comment

I think the stakes are an issue too. Manny won a welterweight title at a 145 catchweight and a super welterweight title. at a 150 pound catchweight. He could put his 154 title on the line at a catchweight of 156-158 to make sure Sergio is at a weight he can perform at. That's a catchweight that favors Martinez. Its just not enough in the interview to attack him just yet.

Comment

for the record, Im not one of those guys who rip Pac non stop. Im not against all CW fights. I think you have to judge them all on an individual basis. You cant group them all in a box. Every case is different. Some are legit and some are jokes

Comment

Working...
                      X