Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A source to see what the purses are for fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A source to see what the purses are for fighters?

I have always been interested in what fighters make for big fights (or ballroom/club fights) and what the stipulations are on how much they take home whether they win or lose. In other sports the media throws that info at you immediately. Is there a website that tells you what the purses are for fights? Does anybody know how much cotto or marg took home? Thanks

A promoter in south texas

* Pro debuts - 4 rounds - up to $850 (No travel money within 400 miles)
    * A boxer with any record with less than 5 fights - 4 rounds – up to $1,250 (No travel money within 400 miles)
    * A boxer with any record with 6 to 10 fights - 4 to 6 rounds – up to $1,800 (No travel money within 400 miles)
    * Undefeated fighters from 2-0 to 4-0 – 4 to 6 rounds - up to $2,000 (No travel money within 400 miles)
    * Undefeated fighters from 5-0 to 10-0 – 6 to 10 rounds - up to $10,500 (No travel money within 400 miles)
    * Records with 4/5ths wins (like a 10-2 record) 4 to 8 rounds - up to $5,500 (No travel money within 400 miles)

Comment

Originally posted by alex6567 View Post
      I have always been interested in what fighters make for big fights (or ballroom/club fights) and what the stipulations are on how much they take home whether they win or lose. In other sports the media throws that info at you immediately. Is there a website that tells you what the purses are for fights? Does anybody know how much cotto or marg took home? Thanks
      Via Yahoo...
      Cotto earned a guarantee of $3 million but with his share of the pay-per-view returns, Arum said he likely made $7 million on Saturday for taking a frightful beating. Margarito made a guarantee of $1.5 million “and a whole lot more on pay-per-view,” Arum said.

Comment

I was just about to say that- 7 mil Cotto 1 mil Margo

Comment

Working...
        X