Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arums take on why the Cotto-Berto fight never materialized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Berto would get 1.8 out of 3 million I think Cotto would get 3 and Berto would want 1.8.

5 million is a pretty big investment though I could see why Bob would not want to risk that. I think they could still make money though if that in on PPV with Cotto's star alone aslong as Berto goes all out to sell the fight doing all the little things.

It should probably be like 3.5 to 1.5 though, anything more than 2/3 is doing pretty well.

Comment

It's hbo's fault. Berto can't sell **** he should not even be making a mill

Comment

arum is totally right. berto is a hype job and has no fanbase. he couldn't sell out rick reno's garage.

Comment

I would be happy with 100,000

Comment

Originally posted by Viciousz View Post
            He turned down Mosley and Cotto because he wants a bigger share of the purse then those two, which he doesn't deserve. But a guy like Mike Jones is willing to fight him for whatever and he instead wants to fight junior welters. you know what I thought was embarrasing? Berto who supposedly has the best uppercut in the businees couldn't take down Urango (a jr. welter) with it but Alexander (a jr. welter) could.
            He did not turn down Cotto. He pushed heavy for that fight in fact. There was not any real interest from Top Rank as it has been documented on this site. He. Wanted the fight, asked for the fight and was quickly shot down. Cotto is a warrior and will fight anyone. His promotional company was never interested though.

Comment

Originally posted by Viciousz View Post
              Remember Berto telling everybody Cotto/Arum turned the fight down? Well here Steve Kim of Maxboxing tell us why.

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-l...e-than-a-berto

There you have it, no surprise.
              Did Di bella confirm this??

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
                He did not turn down Cotto. He pushed heavy for that fight in fact. There was not any real interest from Top Rank as it has been documented on this site. He. Wanted the fight, asked for the fight and was quickly shot down. Cotto is a warrior and will fight anyone. His promotional company was never interested though.
                berto can't be serious if he's demanding 1.8 million out of a 3 milllion purse against a proven commodity like cotto. I mean you always ask for more than you're worth, but that's just absurd with the figure team berto started with. in fact, it's an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
                  I know, Cotto/Arum turned him down because of his ridiculous demands. I would too, I can't blame them.

Comment

This is true, and its HBOs fault.

HBO has been giving Berto million dollar paydays to fight bums for a while. Hes spoiled and thinks if he moves up in class he deserves and huge paycheck. This is why he hasnt fought anyone.

Comment

so Cotto ducked Berto because the Money wasn't right?

Comment

Working...
                      X