I heard it got pushed back to monday

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Again????!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        Haymon scared as fuck. He's scrambling trying to get $ to outbid Roc Nation lmao

Comment

Op just solved the riddle.

Congratz

Comment

De La Hoya needs to put his focus on the future heavyweight champion of the world and take his focus of Canola Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by wiz1030 View Post
              The fighters' promoters still get paid if another promoter wins the bid. So if Roc Nation were to bid let's something crazy like, let's say $4.5m, for Stiverne-Wilder, King and GB(if Deontay Wilder is contracted) will still get a piece too.

And in regards to the Lomachenko-Russell bids, of course the purse bids are blind, but if you go back look at the number Golden Boy bid juxtaposed to what Top Rank bid, there was no way that was an arbitrary number. That reeked of funny business.
              Yea I'm sure they had some inside info

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Happened before with Loma/Russell.

I would laugh so hard if Roc Nation outbid everyone again and Haymon wanted to pull Wilder out because of it.

Thankfully, Wilder doesn't seem the kind of guy to accept that, and Haymon's only chance at landing Wilder a belt is against Stiverne. He sure isn't beating Wlad.
                I don't get why some many posters are thinking this. It doesn't matter who wins the purse bid - Wilder will be fighting Stiverne. It would utterly absurd to walk away from a career high payday and a coveted title shot when Team Wilder has put everything into getting this shot and making the best out of it

Actually, I hope Roc Nation wins the bid so that it affirms my assumption - Wilder will fight Stiverne next

Comment

They're supposed to be but obviously they have an idea of what the competitor will bid. Like the one where GBP outbid Top Rank by $1 or something.

Comment

Originally posted by wiz1030 View Post
                    The fighters' promoters still get paid if another promoter wins the bid. So if Roc Nation were to bid let's something crazy like, let's say $4.5m, for Stiverne-Wilder, King and GB(if Deontay Wilder is contracted) will still get a piece too.
                    Yes but they get paid from the fighters, not from Roc Nation. Roc Nation aquires all the upside to the fight, and just has to pay the fighters the money that they put up

Comment

Working...
                    X