No announcement yet.

#10 Greatest fighters by decade By Ring Magazine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post

Nobody would dispute Armstrong as the fighter of the 30s, but the runnerup, Canzoneri? Not only did Barney Ross beat him twice for titles, but Barney was the first simultaneous 3 division champ, not Armstrong, holding the lightweight, jrwelt, and welt and finished with a stellar record of 74-4-3 with nary a single KO loss.

Go figure these voters because I never can.
    You're dissing Canzoneri? Do you know who he is, who he fought and the accomplishments gathered over that period? I'm guessing not. I absolutely understand your point in saying that Ross is underrated because he most certainly is. For some odd reason he always seems to never be mentioned as the first to hold three titles in three divisions simultaneously.

Comment

floyd has to fight the best to be the best?? yet the last two wins came from the same two people floyd won his last 2 fights....lol....pac had his battles with morales and JMM in the lightweights when floyd dominated those same divisionw ay before pac....i swear people are sucking Pacquiaos dick way to much

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        You're dissing Canzoneri? Do you know who he is, who he fought and the accomplishments gathered over that period? I'm guessing not. I absolutely understand your point in saying that Ross is underrated because he most certainly is. For some odd reason he always seems to never be mentioned as the first to hold three titles in three divisions simultaneously.
        Such an emotive subject picking one and possibly a runner up. 2 fighters per decade can't do anything but cause arguments. Add Louis to Canzoneri for the 30's how about Dempsey in the 20's and so on.

Comment

wow I really like that list.

Comment

Working...
          X