Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye vs. Tyson Fury Master Thread - Stop making new threads about this fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Good post.

I think haye is the favourite but the way some are talking on here you'd think Fury has no chance. I think its partly underrating Fury, and partly overrating Haye.

Haye Imo has struggled against the big guys that he has fought in his career, obviously we saw him lose to WK but also against the terrible Nikolai Valuev we saw Haye's output drop massively. He also struggles to keep in punching position when ducking and diving to avoid punches from bigger men. If Fury can throw enough to keep Haye bouncing around avoiding shots then he can outwork him.

If Fury can stay disciplined (not easy bearing in mind how much hype there will be from the build up) he can box long and keep haye out of punching range for large portions of the fight. As the fight goes into late stages we could even see Fury stopping Haye Imo.

This is based on a lot of 'ifs' though. Haye does have one shot power and has operated at world level for a long time. Like a lot of people im not sold on Fury's chin either. All I'm sure of is this is not as easy a fight as some think it is to pick.
    That's actually what I'm counting on.... his speed and power catching Fury off guard. ANd I think he'd do more damage than USS did. Also I think if Fury starts crowding him, he might revert back to giving him a below job like he did Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      Fury Is heavy underdog

Fury has the reach and physical adavantage-check

Fury has better output-check

Fury been in with better heavyweights externally from Klitscko=check

Fury has weakness and that's he tries to entertain, and if he performs like he did against Cunningham then he will struggle.

But as another poster told me, his uncle calms him down, if he fights like he did against Kevin Johnson, then Haye is losing by points or late stoppage. its all in whether Fury keeps his concentration, and ive got a funny feeling he will.
      I agree. and I am betting on Tyson.

Comment

Fury seems to get countered by the right hand easily. With his current limitations Fury should be relatively easy pickings for Haye. He'll just back off and wait and land a massive shot and knock Fury out. I think it might just be that simple. Fury definitely has a lot of ability but I don't think he is ready yet for someone of Haye's class. Those who are banking on intelligence and composure from Fury may be counting on far too much. Fury will probably be far too hyped for this fight and be ridiculously careless like against Cunningham, only this time he will be fighting a real puncher. Like any heavyweight Fury does have a moderate chance as he does have reach and weight to his advantage and has the power to knock out any heavyweight, all the more so because Haye's chin is definitely suspect. Early Haye stoppage win for me though.

Comment

I think it could be a dull fight, but the pre-fight hype will be legendary. Can't wait!

Comment

Comment

I think it could be a dull fight, but the pre-fight hype will be legendary.
              I'm starting to cringe just thinking about it.

Comment

This fight is simple.

Under 6 rounds = Haye wins
                Over 6 rounds = Fury wins

Haye will KO fury if he clands a few clean shots.

If not fury will eventually smother haye and brutally KO him.

I think fury can be landed on so i choose haye to win this fight by knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
                  Haye has problems with tall men
                  Haye culo is hurting from when he got F'd
                  poor stamina => he will get stopped
                  Odlanier Solis
                  Global ID 391766
                  height 6′ 1½″ / 187cm

YES WHAT A MASSIVE TALL FIGHTER

Comment

Originally posted by Curtiz View Post
                    Odlanier Solis
                    Global ID 391766
                    height 6′ 1½″ / 187cm

YES WHAT A MASSIVE TALL FIGHTER
                    ^

Comment

Fury has a hell of a chance here! Haye was very tired at the end of the chisora fight! Fury can bring the same pressure as he showed in the cunningham fight!
                      Haye needs room to set up his attacks...
                      This is a tough fight and may the better man win!

Comment

Working...
                      X