• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slyslicksmooth View Post
    i just need some of that soul glo.
    lol!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      People shouldn't be ashamed of the physical features they are born with, especially if the shame is due mainly to what foreign colonizers think of them.
      Quite frankly I don't think people in the Western World give a toss what Ivorians are doing with their hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        Quite frankly I don't think people in the Western World give a toss what Ivorians are doing with their hair.
        I think the idea is more that they are re-embracing their natural beauty rather than attempting to immatate what has been the perceived image of "beauty" perpetrated by Western society for as long as Europeans have attempted to ingrain their concept of "beauty" on all the other peoples of the world, depicting anything but this concept as "unattractive".

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
          I think the idea is more that they are re-embracing their natural beauty rather than attempting to immatate what has been the perceived image of "beauty" perpetrated by Western society for as long as Europeans have attempted to ingrain their concept of "beauty" on all the other peoples of the world, depicting anything but this concept as "unattractive".
          That sounds like a load of hippy liberal garbage you posted.

Europeans ain't attempted to ingrain schit.

Comment

That sounds like a load of hippy liberal garbage you posted.

Europeans ain't attempted to ingrain schit.
            LOL!!!!!

REALLY?!

So, governments and societies comprised of European heritage have not essentially controlled the fate of most of the world for the last, say, 500 years??

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
              LOL!!!!!

REALLY?!

So, governments and societies comprised of European heritage have not essentially controlled the fate of most of the world for the last, say, 500 years??
              Europeans colonised parts of Africa and made them the bomb. Places like Rhodesia and Zimbabwe were absolutely popping when the British ran schit.

Now look at them.

Now your crying about some made up garbage that Europeans taught Africans that they ain't beautiful.

That's some weakass stuff.

Comment

Europeans colonised parts of Africa and made them the bomb. Places like Rhodesia and Zimbabwe were absolutely popping when the British ran schit.

Now look at them.

Now your crying about some made up garbage that Europeans taught Africans that they ain't beautiful.

He actually right Mr. E.

Comment

Now look at them.

LMAO!!

I ain,t "cryin" about ****. Facts are facts. If you judge your own sense of self-worth based on a controlling culture's definitions, that's the norm. It simply means you are trying to be like "them" and what they perpetrate as "beautiful" rather than celebrate the validity and merits of your own culture.

That's sociology 101! LOL!!!
                  Last edited by K-DOGG; 02-15-2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                    He actually right Mr. E.
                    I don't think he is, mostly because of this statement:

Europeans have attempted to ingrain their concept of "beauty" on all the other peoples of the world
                    In actual fact, Europeans (or rather Americans) have their concept of Hollywood beauty and everyone else just copied/copies it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                      He actually right Mr. E.
                      How is he right?.

Comment

Working...
                      X