Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No One In History Has Won More Lineal Titles In Different Weight Classes Than Manny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Sure he was the lineal champ. But, don't tell me that win matters more cuz he beat the lineal champ than. The best 2 fighters in the division in JMM and Pac fighting for the vacant lineal title.
    Agreed... don't forget you tried to get me for the same exact thing with Roy, though Jro... He never won a linneal championship - You.

You were quick to agree with me though, beating the best fighter in the division > Beating the linneal champion

Comment

Study up more, then you can come to this thread.
      instead of that reply, why dont you correct me then. i couldve researched the details more, but you get my point. i'll wait wise one.

Comment

Again I disagree, I am sorry.

I give more credit to Manny for beating JMM the best in the division for the vacant lineal title than Floyd beating the former lineal title who was coming off a lost to Baldomir FFS's.
        Is JMM better than zab and Baldo absolutely. All I said is floyd actually fought the lineal champ to win the title. That has to count for something. IMO it is worth more than beating someone and being awarded the lineal title.

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
          The original 8 no longer exists in the same fashion as it once did. There are double the amount of weightclasses now. Now, you would have to judge how many lineal titles a fighter wins over the course of a certain number of pounds.
          No you don't go by pounds don't be ridiculous. And, is not like Pac couldn't fight in some of the original 8 weight-classes. Like Bantamweight which he skipped over. He fought at LW he could of fought for the lineal title there. There is WW where he campaigns at now. He could of been the lineal champ there.

And, Henry Armstrong went all the way up to MW and fought the lineal champ Filipino HOF'er Cerefano Garcia and had a questionable draw.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            Agreed... don't forget you tried to get me for the same exact thing with Roy, though Jro... He never won a linneal championship - You.

You were quick to agree with me though, beating the best fighter in the division > Beating the linneal champion
            That is all argument, yea I found it crazy that he campaigned in some many divisions and had so many belts and never won a lineal title.

However, I always gave him credit at 168 cuz Toney was the best fighter and we both agreed to that. And, at 175 when he came back down and fought Tarver who was the best in the division. Can't blame Roy for Dariuz M.

It just crazy to say yea Roy beat Toney but he didn't beat Liles, Nunn, or Little who were the lineal champs in the same year. When Toney was better than all those 3.

Comment

No you don't go by pounds don't be ridiculous. And, is not like Pac couldn't fight in some of the original 8 weight-classes. Like Bantamweight which he skipped over. He fought at LW he could of fought for the lineal title there. There is WW where he campaigns at now. He could of been the lineal champ there.

And, Henry Armstrong went all the way up to MW and fought the lineal champ Filipino HOF'er Cerefano Garcia and had a questionable draw.
              In this day and age, the original 8 means nothing more than any of the new 8 divisions. Winning the lineal title at 130 is no less meaningful than winning it at 135. Would anyone say that whoever is crowned the lineal champion at 168 is less prestigious than Pascal's crown at 175?

Comment

Study up more, then you can come to this thread.
                c'mon enlighten us oh wise one.

Comment

That is all argument, yea I found it crazy that he campaigned in some many divisions and had so many belts and never won a lineal title.

However, I always gave him credit at 168 cuz Toney was the best fighter and we both agreed to that. And, at 175 when he came back down and fought Tarver who was the best in the division. Can't blame Roy for Dariuz M.

It just crazy to say yea Roy beat Toney but he didn't beat Liles, Nunn, or Little who were the lineal champs in the same year. When Toney was better than all those 3.
                  But your saying he is better than all three is subjective. Winning the lineal title is not. I see yor point as I do Reed's about Baldomir.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                    c'mon enlighten us oh wise one.
                    Your sarcasm only highlights the gap in knowledge between the two of you.

Comment

Funny how you've got people in this this thread bringing up the old days and the lack of jr. divisions.

The reason its funny,

when it was Floyd that had more than Manny, and that same exact point had been brought up,

"who cares, that was then, this is now". But now that Manny has more,

its back to, "back in the old days....".

Comment

Working...
                      X