No announcement yet.

Major Leauge Baseball Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuyIncogito
    I beg to differ. They need to get past the Sox first, which they won't do. I've been a White Sox fan for about 14 years now, so I've waited a LONG time for this. They're due, and they aren't going to fall apart and pull horrible end-of-season trades this year as per usual.

World Series Champs, 2005 = Chicago White Sox!!!!
    No, man, the Sox will fall apart. All Illinois teams do it. Besides, the Twins just have their number.

Comment

I root for the Tigers, White Sox, and Phillies. My favorite players in the league are:

Bobby Abreu
      Jimmy Rollins
      Derek Jeter
      Derrek Lee
      Frank Thomas (2nd favorite ever after Kirby Puckett)
      Mark Buehrle
      Francisco Rodriguez
      Albert Pujols
      Carl Crawford
      Alfonso Soriano

I think the Sox play small ball well enough to win it all this year. Their starting pitching is excellent and Buehrle is a stud. It helps to have Garcia and Garland pitching like all-stars (Garcia 3 earned, 10 K's in their win tonight). They need to shore up their bullpen though and maybe could add another sure bat in the middle of their lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by RunWithKnives
        Someone explain to me: what is Kenny Rogers on? His fastball is ridiculous, and he is almost unhittable. I figure his era will be eclipsed by the Rocket: but for time being, his experience is catching up. This guy is the real deal, and has gone underrated as a pitcher for way too long.
        its a contract year for him
        he has gone(in contract years) 17-7
        13-8
        and now i believe he is 8-2....... kenny is greedy and only plays when the money is on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by GuyIncogito
          I beg to differ. They need to get past the Sox first, which they won't do. I've been a White Sox fan for about 14 years now, so I've waited a LONG time for this. They're due, and they aren't going to fall apart and pull horrible end-of-season trades this year as per usual.

World Series Champs, 2005 = Chicago White Sox!!!!
          its only a matter of time before they collapse but if they dont that pitching of thiers will take them deep inot the playoffs.

twins are just a solid team, they have it all..... great starting and relief pitching, great speed, clutch hitting and amazing defense in the outfield. the only thing is that there infield is a bit inexperienced.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo
            Frank Thomas (2nd favorite ever after Kirby Puckett)
            Big hurt has been one of my favorite players ever since I was 13 years old. The guy is a damn legend.

And yeah Fix, Kenny is on contract...and I do agree with him being greedy.

Fonz is also one of my favorites.

My favorites:

Ichiro
            Tejada
            Schilling
            Unit
            Big hurt
            Sammy
            Sheff
            Fonz
            Chipper

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

arguably my favorite baseball team of all time believe it or not...was the Braves of 2 years ago:

with Klesko, Sheff, Chipper, Jones, Smoltz, and company. I was hoping they would win the big one...but it sucked they didint. Chipper rules, I like it when he hits homers.

I like the Orioles this year, obviously because of their lineup. I hate the Yanks, and it pissed me off when Sheff signed with them. That blew.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

good photo of Torii's acrobatics was much needed for this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombardier
                  They're still trying to claw back to that level of respectability, though they're closer now than they've been in a long time.
                  Inevitably, a Canadian bound team will return to the World Series man. You can count on that. Im not sure when, but it will happen. My money is on Toronto actually. That city demands some respect due from the past.

Comment

La Dodgers Mother****erss!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

Comment

Baseball and soccer are kinda the same to me, I enjoy playing both and did so for many years, but you couldnt pay me to watch a game.....

Comment

Working...
                      X