Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neighbors call 911 for black kid entering his own home, cops pepper spray him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbors call 911 for black kid entering his own home, cops pepper spray him

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/....m-for-burglar/

The foster parents of a Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina high school student are furious after neighbors mistook their son for a burglar and called police, who responded by pepper-spraying him in his own home, WTVD reports.

Stacy Tyler said she had left her home unlocked because she knew her foster son, DeShawn Currie, would be arriving home from school. When neighbors spotted Currie, who is black, entering the Tyler residence, they immediately called police.

When they arrived, they ordered Currie to put his hands on the door. “For what?” he said he replied. “This is my house. Why are y’all here?”

Officers then pointed to a photograph on the mantel of the Tyler’s natural born children, all of whom are white, at which point Currie became angry. After a brief argument, officers pepper-sprayed Currie in the face.

Stacy Tyler arrived home to find Currie being treated by EMS for the pepper-spray, and quickly cleared up the confusion with the officers, who told her that her foster son had been threatening and belligerent.

Currie insisted he was merely offended by the officer’s suggestion that he could not possibly be part of the Tyler family.

“I had moved into my room, and I’m feeling like I’m loved,” he said. “And then when they come in and they just profile me and say that I’m not who I am. And that I do not stay here because there was white kids on the wall, that really made me mad.”

No charges were filed against him.

He's lucky those psychos didn't shoot him. Hopefully they sue the department.

Comment

I seen this before when I was rookie. Apparently this Negro broke in and hung pictures of his family everywhere.

Comment

Neighbours called, reported a burglar, cops interacted with somebody who matched the description who got angry and things escalated. The people to blame are the neighbours.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Neighbours called, reported a burglar, cops interacted with somebody who matched the description who got angry and things escalated. The people to blame are the neighbours.
          the cops called him out on being a foster child, as if to say why would an all white family adopt a black child?

had they not, things likely wouldn't have escalated.

Thats not to say the racist neighbors arnt also part of the issue.

and i understand the door was a jar, but do they really have the constitutional right to just enter the house when there is no evidence of a break in? Shouldnt they constitutionally have to wait outside till the individual appeared with the evidence of the robbery? unless of course there was physical evidence of a lock being broken or a window being broken. but from what i understand all the cops had to go on was word of mouth and an open door.
          Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 10-09-2014, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I don't feel like the cops did the right thing. They should've tazed him or shot him with a bean bag.

Comment

Stop playing the race card. This happened to me years ago and I'm a white guy. We left a window unlocked for this exact reason. Sure enough, one day I lost or forgot my keys. I climbed in through the window. Shortly after I got in the cops showed up. I didn't act stupid. I showed them my ID (as they asked) and then found some electric and other bills with my name on it. They left without incident.

Comment

Originally posted by IBEN View Post
                http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/....m-for-burglar/

The foster parents of a Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina high school student are furious after neighbors mistook their son for a burglar and called police, who responded by pepper-spraying him in his own home, WTVD reports.

Stacy Tyler said she had left her home unlocked because she knew her foster son, DeShawn Currie, would be arriving home from school. When neighbors spotted Currie, who is black, entering the Tyler residence, they immediately called police.

When they arrived, they ordered Currie to put his hands on the door. “For what?” he said he replied. “This is my house. Why are y’all here?”

Officers then pointed to a photograph on the mantel of the Tyler’s natural born children, all of whom are white, at which point Currie became angry. After a brief argument, officers pepper-sprayed Currie in the face.

Stacy Tyler arrived home to find Currie being treated by EMS for the pepper-spray, and quickly cleared up the confusion with the officers, who told her that her foster son had been threatening and belligerent.

Currie insisted he was merely offended by the officer’s suggestion that he could not possibly be part of the Tyler family.

“I had moved into my room, and I’m feeling like I’m loved,” he said. “And then when they come in and they just profile me and say that I’m not who I am. And that I do not stay here because there was white kids on the wall, that really made me mad.”

No charges were filed against him.
                go forth and get paid, my young brother.

Comment

I often see in the news, black teenagers having problems with authority/police. instead of cooperating calmly, they would react angrily, violently and things would escalate really bad.

Police do profile black teenagers and I feel for them but the truth is and this a fact with statistics to prove, many violent crimes like robbery, home invasion, burglary are being committed by black teenagers.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
                    I seen this before when I was rookie. Apparently this Negro broke in and hung pictures of his family everywhere.
                    Chappelle was funny as hell when he did this.

Comment

Working...
                    X