Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Manny Pacquiao Can't Tell Mayweather ****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't Manny agree to all this to begin with? This just sounds like B.S. to me and Manny showing his hand if its true which will hurt him in the end. Manny knows he's lost credibility and has to concede on a lot now that his egos been brought down to size. This stuff should've been agreed upon at the start. Both sides had outrageous demands, and only one side agreed to the others if you remember... it was floyd.

Comment

• Ellerbe sounds like an insecure person. Much like Floyd unfortunately. It's hard to support this whole money team charade when none of them are inspiring individuals.

Comment

• Minus all the demands, requests, terms, drug tests, etc, If Floyd says he beats Pac easy, and Marquez quite possibly could've beaten Manny in their last outing, and Manny "technically" lost to Bradley, what is really preventing Mayweather from taking this fight?

I've always had the belief that Floyd believes he can beat Pacquiao, but his reputation / career is built on being undefeated and is a big piece of how he markets himself. With a loss now, that's literally his whole resume and what will be remembered throughout Boxing history along with the fact that he's one of if not "THE" best boxer this generation. Though Floyd is a big star, I don't see him being as big of an attraction if he were to lose and that could be a big blow to his ego, and potentially his wallet down the road.

Ellerbe needs to put Floyd's c*ck down and get his man in the ring and prove he can beat Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          Minus all the demands, requests, terms, drug tests, etc, If Floyd says he beats Pac easy, and Marquez quite possibly could've beaten Manny in their last outing, and Manny "technically" lost to Bradley, what is really preventing Mayweather from taking this fight?

I've always had the belief that Floyd believes he can beat Pacquiao, but his reputation / career is built on being undefeated and is a big piece of how he markets himself. With a loss now, that's literally his whole resume and what will be remembered throughout Boxing history along with the fact that he's one of if not "THE" best boxer this generation. Though Floyd is a big star, I don't see him being as big of an attraction if he were to lose and that could be a big blow to his ego, and potentially his wallet down the road.

Ellerbe needs to put Floyd's c*ck down and get his man in the ring and prove he can beat Pacquiao.
          Whats preventing him is Pac is fighting JMM Dec 8th. Had months on top of months to say all this but didnt till after he was signed.

Thats why i think its all promotion. Hes using Floyd name to get masses talking about him and try to make him relevant again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            Whats preventing him is Pac is fighting JMM Dec 8th. Had months on top of months to say all this but didnt till after he was signed.

Thats why i think its all promotion. Hes using Floyd name to get masses talking about him and try to make him relevant again.

This right here. I did think it was kind of odd how Pac made no comments like this prior to already being locked into a fight.

Comment

• Ellerbe.

Will somebody please get rid of this pr1ck.

You maybe sure when Frazier (who technically had the title) fought Ali in 1971 there wasn't no "i'll dictate the terms" or with Ali for the Thrilla in Manila. They just put their name on the dotted line.

Image 1970's boxing without those 2 fights, plus the Rumble In The Jungle, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by mudpunch View Post
                Ellerbe sounds like an insecure person. Much like Floyd unfortunately. It's hard to support this whole money team charade when none of them are inspiring individuals.
                Your trippin. . Who are you to say who is inspirational. Just because you grew up in a civilized and educated environment donr mean you can downgrade the value of a mayweather or ellerbe. To some mayweather and ellerbe are like ghandi or mother teressa and ja rule or eminem (for the white wanna be thug flowmos) comvibed. You cant knock a guy for not having your standards..

Class is subjective too,,,, and belive it or not,,, and we see it here all the time;;;;;there are people out there who actually think the maywrathers are classy.. I would prolly imitate mayweather slappin *****es and calling themselves gorilla dogs with pride
                Last edited by Alibata; 09-24-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by come out dancin View Post
                  i wonder where the influx of turds even came from , pac always uses floyds name to hype his fights
                  maybe manny pacquaio figures, since floyd mayweather jr., is so inactive, that he borrow his name, i guess manny pacquiao, needs it for somthin'...lol

Comment

• Can Cgarcia, richardt, Davis or any of Pacquiao's other cheerleaders clear something up for me?

Pacquiao, while supposedly promoting another fight against Juan Manuel Marquez (who wasn't the first choice, Cotto at catchweight was), states he'd take a lesser share of a purse against Mayweather (45% of a 55-45 split) to make the fight happen. Michael Koncz almost immediately refutes and contradicts this by stating what Pacquiao REALLY meant was that Pacquiao would accept a 45-45 split with 10% going to the winner.

So which is it? And, if it's the latter, why aren't you acknowledging Team Pacquiao changing the goalposts from one press release to the next?

I have no love for Leonard Ellerbee, that's for sure. He should shut up unless he has something of note to say (in which case he should never speak again).

But people are jumping up and down (with pom poms included) because Pacquiao says something to make them feel better, even though it has no relevance to the fight at hand. It is contradicted by someone in his own team and the same people look the other way. Does anyone acknowledge that Koncz refutes Pac's willingness to take less money? That would make the whole "Pac is agreeing to Mayweather's terms" schpiel less than accurate, right? Let me know what you think.

Comment

• Floyd wasn't even interested in entering proper official negotiation supervised by his best friend Fifty cent, his closest confidante for years. We all know that Floyd is the one who advised Fifty to form TMT in the first place. Which is why Fifty has distanced himself from a friend who don't take his word seriously.

Paqcuiao was looking for a last fight leading to retirement. He and Fifty had hoped that Floyd would be amenable to a 2013 showdown and Paq could cancel his December fight and just focus on the megafight. Floyd didn't even bother to respond. In one of his first interviews after serving jail he was talking about drug testing again, which is no longer an issue, purse split, how Arum controls Paq, etc. Bottom line is this guy will never run out of excuses even if Paq accepts every single one of them.

That's why people need to stop bumping these threads. Another opportunity was lost. Even if Floyd suddenly pops up and say yes to the fight, it would take several months for the fight to materialize, if we're lucky. Paq is busy promoting his next fight now. When the fight is over, I doubt boxing would be the first thing in his mind. He will be busy getting ready for his reelection. A lot of things can get in the way.

Comment

Working...
                      X