Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes and yes

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      That may be the mother of all boxing chokes. His fight with Lewis has to rank also. Golota had some tools, but boy was he terrified to even use them in that fight. I can still see the look on his face as he was walking to the ring, lol.
      To be fair to Golota, you have to add the Grant fight where he was winning on points before suddenly quitting.

Comment

Vitali choked against Byrd when he was winning and got KTFO

Comment

Possibly the ultimatest choke with tears thrown in for good measure...

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            Possibly the ultimatest choke with tears thrown in for good measure...

That wasn't a case of McCall choking. The guy had serious mental issues long before this fight.

Hamed vs MAB would get my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Yomama View Post
              That wasn't a case of McCall choking. The guy had serious mental issues long before this fight.

Hamed vs MAB would get my vote.
              Yes. Hamed's script got flipped by Marco.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterp View Post
                No, not choke in the MMA sense of the word, Choke as in the lose your bottle sense of the word

There are plenty of examples of huge chokes in sports history. Jana Novotna's choke against Steffi Graf comes to mind.

Choking usually happens in sports where you have time to think about what is going on and what is on the line, you are in a winning position and lose from choking

Serving at match point for a Grand Slam title

a Free throw in the NBA finals for the title

a shot at the 9ball in Pool in the World champs

A 4 foot putt in a Grand Slam tournament in Golf

A penalty to win the World Cup in soccer

So the question is, can you choke in Boxing ? Boxing is a continuous physical and reactive sport, at no point in time do you have say 20 seconds to think about throwing a particular punch and know if you land the punch, you win the fight. Doesn't work like that

I think you can underperform from pressure in boxing, but not sure you can choke

what do you think ?

If you think you can choke in Boxing, please give some examples

Probably the dumbest example I have ever seen of a boxer choking, was DaVarryl Williamson vs. Joe Mesi. Williamson just stood there like a deer in the headlights and got knocked out by Joe Mesi in about a minute. Williamson may not be a world beater, but he can box a little bit. He certainly didn't have to make himself so easy to knockout. When boxers choke like that they very often leave themselves open to allegations of throwing the fight. It is hard to imagine that somebody would be so stupid, but stupid is what it is.

Comment

Hate to say this, but...

=

Comment

Working...
                  X