No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin and Macklin Promise Pure Middleweight Action

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin and Macklin Promise Pure Middleweight Action

It’s only natural for future ring rivals to disagree on the predicted outcome of a forthcoming fight. Gennady Golovkin has the utmost confidence that June 29 will produce his 8th consecutive successful alphabet title defense, while challenger Matthew Macklin believes the third time will be a charm after two previous swings and misses at middleweight paydirt.

Their title fight airs June 29 on HBO, live from the MGM Grand at Foxwoods Resort in Mashantucket, Connecticut. While the two sides bicker about who will come out on top, both agree that all fans in attendance as well as those watching from the living room couch will walk away fulfilled. [Click Here To Read More]

I am very excited for this fight and think it is going to be a good one two top middleweights going @ it. I think Golovkin wins inside of 8.

Comment

I cant wait for this fight guys!!! its gonna be good banging back and forth

Comment

Should be a war. We know what Golovkin is going to do but it'll be interesting to see how Macklin sets up.

Will he go out all guns blazing Jamie Moore style and try to take the fight to GGG? Or will he play it more like the Sergio fight and try to counterpunch a little?

Comment

Golovkin 1st round ko

Comment

Easy fight, first round KO for GGG... no credit at all cherry picking...

Comment

HBO has a winner with this match!

Comment

Originally posted by dlee020420 View Post
                Golovkin 1st round ko
                Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Easy fight, first round KO for GGG... no credit at all cherry picking...
                You two surely don't believe that?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  You two surely don't believe that?
                  Why not? Macklin is easy to hit, Macklin has had injuries and one whole round under his belt since he came back from his Martinez loss and his injuries, GGG is a hard hitter and a good stalker. Moreover according to our Boxingscene experts GGG is the second coming who no one wants to fight. So adding all these up I don't think Macklin stands a chance of getting out of the first round especially if Buddy Mcgirt is the trainer in his corner for this fight, then I would expect to see the fight stopped at the first jab or power right hand landed by GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Why not? Macklin is easy to hit, Macklin has had injuries and one whole round under his belt since he came back from his Martinez loss and his injuries, GGG is a hard hitter and a good stalker. Moreover according to our Boxingscene experts GGG is the second coming who no one wants to fight. So adding all these up I don't think Macklin stands a chance of getting out of the first round especially if Buddy Mcgirt is the trainer in his corner for this fight, then I would expect to see the fight stopped at the first jab or power right hand landed by GGG.
                    Sarcasm then? If Ichida and Rosado can go 3 and 7 respectively then Macklin should make it out of R.1. Styles make fights though, so who knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X