Comments Thread For: Donaire: No Matter if Rigondeaux or Mares Are Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
    Yeah, in Japan, against whom?

As I told, bo... I'd pick Moreno and Rigo over Donaire... Nishioka, Mares, anyone at '22.

Out of those two, I don't know.
    Rigo whose resume at the weight is garbage and Moreno who has yet to fight at the weight is who u would have #1??? Am I interpreting that right???

Comment

The more Donaire fights at 122 the more average him and his power looks. How can anyone call him the #1 guy? A guy who knows nothing but one punch. The dude abandons his jab cause he's too busy loading up his left. Take that left away and you have a C level fighter. If Donaire can't get the KO he doesn't know wtf to do. We saw that vs Mathebula.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        The more Donaire fights at 122 the more average him and his power looks. How can anyone call him the #1 guy? A guy who knows nothing but one punch. The dude abandons his jab cause he's too busy loading up his left. Take that left away and you have a C level fighter. If Donaire can't get the KO he doesn't know wtf to do. We saw that vs Mathebula.

Yeah it was so bad he got another win against another top 10 rated fighter at the weight...

Btw where u been??? I was waiting on u hahahaha

Comment

And if he fights that way against Nishioka then he will lose, and the argument will no longer exist. Most people aren't saying he's #1 right now, but he would be if he beats Nishioka.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
            to be fair though donaire fought a completely aggressive fight from round 1 to 12, which he NEVER does...he is more of a counter puncher. donaire has good boxing ability if you actually watch what he does (i.e. parrying with the right hand, which has become almost a lost art in boxing nowadays). i just feel like his boxing ability gets overshadowed by his monster left hook though.
            Agreed. It's not that Nonito doesn't have a skill-set to speak of, it's that he's fallen in love with his power and gets defensively irresponsible. I think he's one of those guys that fight to the level of their competition. We'll see what happens when he fights Nishi.

Comment

Good.

Hopefully the winner of this fight will fight the winner of Mares-Moreno.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223
                Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Yeah it was so bad he got another win against another top 10 rated fighter at the weight...

Btw where u been??? I was waiting on u hahahaha
                Work lol. Plus I've been killing myself to stay away from these type of threads. They get too repetitive. Its always the same people debating and same arguments. Plus kiaba and dan_cov are taking over for me as the Rigo protectors. They go hard when Rigo's name is brought up.

Cordoba and Ramos were both top 10 as well if I'm not mistaken and Rigo fought them with less than 10 fights. Casey was undefeated and Rigo traveled to KO him.

Comment

Work lol. Plus I've been killing myself to stay away from these type of threads. They get too repetitive. Its always the same people debating and same arguments. Plus kiaba and dan_cov are taking over for me as the Rigo protectors. They go hard when Rigo's name is brought up.

Cordoba and Ramos were both top 10 as well if I'm not mistaken and Rigo fought them with less than 10 fights. Casey was undefeated and Rigo traveled to KO him.

That'a because sadly only a handful of people follow the most stacked division in Boxing.

Comment

Regardless of whatever they think happens in a Donaire-Rigo fight, Donaire and his fans clearly don't want the risk of fighting Rigondeaux. I'd favor Donaire slightly though.

Another interesting thing is that Rigo's 122 resume is "garbage", with wins over Cordoba and Ramos (both Top 10 at the time), but somehow Donaire's current resume of Vazquez Jr and Mathebula is amazing. He hasn't beaten Nishioka yet people....

Comment

if donaire fight with rigondeaux ,the cuban rigondeaux will kot to donaire easy

Comment

Working...
                      X