No announcement yet.

Marvel vs DC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STRUGGle View Post
    i heard that was happening.. i might give them a read. uncanny x-men gonna end in october
    My brother is an avid X-men guy, been hearing nothing but good things about uncanny. Other day I picked up a collectors edition of the classic 83' crossover of New Teen Titans/Uncanny X-men. 28 yrs later it's still a great read..

Comment

Originally posted by War Aficionado View Post
      My brother is an avid X-men guy, been hearing nothing but good things about uncanny. Other day I picked up a collectors edition of the classic 83' crossover of New Teen Titans/Uncanny X-men. 28 yrs later it's still a great read..
      apparently they gonna end uncanny in october #544 or some ****. damn, i stopped reading comics in 1996, thats when i found booze. you seen that xmen movie... was that a reboot?

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGGle View Post
        apparently they gonna end uncanny in october #544 or some ****. damn, i stopped reading comics in 1996, thats when i found booze. you seen that xmen movie... was that a reboot?
        The new one? I don't think it's continuity follows the trilogy or comics, but it's supposed to be real good. You should give DC a try--they're going digital with their comics from what I heard and the price cuts mean 2.99 for every DC book published. 96...? Damn LOL you been missin out

Comment

Alright I just straight up motha****in say it....Scorpian & SubZero > Marvel & DC.

But to choose between the 2 lames compared to Mortal Kombat, X-men was my ****in ***** back in the day, Gambit > all so gotta go Marvel.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Superman vs Thor

Batman vs Captain America
            I don't agree with either of these. Thor has a far wider arsenal, plus one of Superman's three weaknesses is supposedly magic, which Thor has plenty of. In a head-to-head with no preparation time, Captain America would beat the hell out of Batman. Cap is a super-human, Batman is supposedly just a human.

But Marvel can't really argue with DC in terms of quality stories --

Watchmen, The Invisibles, Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, Animal Man, Transmetropolitan, The Sandman, various Batman stories like The Dark Knight Returns and Dark Victory, Red Son, Preacher, Fables, Flex Mentallo, Hellblazer, DMZ, Y: The Last Man, and so on and so forth.

I can't think of many Marvel comics that reach those heights narratively.

Comment

Right now, Marvel, DC is s**t now. How dare they make Alan Scott a gay character. But the Sinestro book is pretty good, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
                DC.

Because of all the heroes only Batman is the most real, with the most realistic villains.

Comment

I like both by the way. They both suffer from lack of villains though. Typically you get team ups of a half dozen superpowered heroes with a single villain and his army of mooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
                    Deathstroke would murk Deadpool pal, srry to tell ya
                    In what world do you see deathstroke beating deadpool?. Deadpools quicker healing factor is the key to beating deathstroke

Comment

Always preferred DC to Marvel, dunno what it is really I just like DCs style more to Marvels, Marvel is killin it at the moment in the Cinema / on the TV but DC still has a few gems, Constantine, Arrow, Flash etc.

Last comic I read was Blackest Night n loved it, can't remember the last Marvel one.

Comment

Working...
                      X