Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jmm's fight night weight if he fight pac at.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
    That's what happens when guys from two different weight classes meet, one is at a disadvantage because of weight. At 144, Pac has an advantage because he is very comfortable at that weight and can come in bigger than JMM, easier. I always felt 138-140 would be perfect as Pac would need to lose a few pounds, but nothing that would really kill him in the fight.
    thats if two fighters from different division are not very similar in size...like pac and sergio fro example...but jmm and pac are smlar in size so beside the cutting of the weight, there is no adavantage, disadantgae wether at 135, 140, or ww....

at ww , both pac and jmm dont have to lose anything....so thats the fairest weight then....

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      so? this weight is only an advantage to pacquaio at the end of the day. if you ask marquez what weight he wants the fight at id bet he would say 135. emmanuel steward said the last time they fought that he felt that pacquiao was about 7lbs of natural body mass bigger than marquez. i think id agree with that.
      Lets get this strait, @144 the only reason it can be seen as an advantage to Pac, is because he doesn't have to cut weight (technically, JMM has that same advantage). JMM does not have to weigh in at that weight and can weigh in at 135-142 and maintain his speed if he does it right. VS Mayweather, he tried to bulk up which was a huge mistake because he just ended up being pudgy and slow.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        thats if two fighters from different division are not very similar in size...like pac and sergio fro example...but jmm and pac are smlar in size so beside the cutting of the weight, there is no adavantage, disadantgae wether at 135, 140, or ww....

at ww , both pac and jmm dont have to lose anything....so thats the fairest weight then....
        Its not the fairest because Pac naturally is a weight class bigger than JMM. Not a huge difference, but he is naturally a good 4-5 pounds bigger than JMM. The fight should have been at 138-140 to be truly even.

I'mma laugh if pac weighs in at 140-142 though.

Comment

id also like to point out that you wont see pacquiao fight martinez at 157 lbs. which is exactly what marquez is having to do, step up 3lbs under 2 weight classes.

Comment

so? this weight is only an advantage to pacquaio at the end of the day. if you ask marquez what weight he wants the fight at id bet he would say 135. emmanuel steward said the last time they fought that he felt that pacquiao was about 7lbs of natural body mass bigger than marquez. i think id agree with that.
            you still has'nt explained how is this weight is an advantage to pacquiao...the last time they fought was at 130...and pac was only 4 lbs heavier..

Comment

could you state what would be jmm's fight night weight if the fight happens at lw, jww and ww please!......if you dont mind bro...
              What's going to make you understand that fight night weight is not an issue with these two. The weight isn't an issue per se. It's a matter of being in a confort zone. Marquez has openly stated that he wasn't confortable at 142, and we all know how Pacquiao performs at that weight. It's an advantage they're using to keep Marquez out of his confortable weight because this fight could have easily been at 140 and even 135.
              Also, tell me how Pacquiao would be weak at 135? He doesnt cut weight to fight at 147 and a week before his fights at 147 he's well under 145.

Boxers rehydrate differently, look at Rios, Katsidis and even Ortiz. Just because they rehydrate to 154+ pounds, it doesn't mean they're going to compete at that weight class.

Comment

you still has'nt explained how is this weight is an advantage to pacquiao...the last time they fought was at 130...and pac was only 4 lbs heavier..
                because this is a weight comfortable for pacquiao. its not for marquez imo. this is why he fights at 135lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                  Its not the fairest because Pac naturally is a weight class bigger than JMM. Not a huge difference, but he is naturally a good 4-5 pounds bigger than JMM. The fight should have been at 138-140 to be truly even.

I'mma laugh if pac weighs in at 140-142 though.
                  a weighclass bigger?..that is the first time ive heard someone claim that.....pac and jmm to me are very much similar size.....but cool...

Comment

because this is a weight comfortable for pacquiao. its not for marquez imo. this is why he fights at 135lbs.
                    144 is not comfortable for jmm?......so it's only comfotarble to jmm if he cuts weight first and then rehydrate to 145?....

Comment

a weighclass bigger?..that is the first time ive heard someone claim that.....pac and jmm to me are very much similar size.....but cool...
                      Pac should be campaigning at 140 IMO, that's what his body should be making after the normal weight cutting for weigh ins. Instead, he's @ 147 for bigger names and not cutting weight. They are very similar size, however, Pac is (and always has been) a little bigger and he has gained weight more effectively than JMM.

Comment

Working...
                      X