Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

people wondering why Mayweather did not knock out Marquez READ THIS...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
    I'm not saying he's not...but Floyd really is that much better...look at the fight again and ask yourself if Floyd was even putting 60% into that fight...a lot of people think that Floyd is boring because they know he can make a fight much more exciting that he does and still come out clean and clear of damage...to literally play with a pro like Marquez (**** ya reach and weight excuses cause it's not like Marquez was fighting a klitchko) says a lot about what you could really do if you felt you needed to...
    floyd is much better, but im trying to make a point here that alot of people on here are treating marquez like a chump, im not just sayn this because im a mayweather fan and im tryn to make his win look better as some posters have said about other mayweather fans when they pay their respects to jmm, hes a world class fighter, mayweather has stated over and over again that jmm is a very crafty veteran, i caught that from watching the fight, do you analyze fights? if you can really analyze a fight, you will see that marquez picked off alot of mayweathers punches, hatton might have been more competative because if his size and style but i never once saw him pick of any of floyds punches. i happen to even think that had jmm been in the same element as far as commfortable size, speed and age, he would be much more competative. thats sayn something for jmm. he threw more punches at floyd than floyd did at him, alot of them were good punches that he threw but he was at a reach disadvantage, if he had reach, some of those good punches might have landed more.

Comment

Yes I do analyze fights...and I'll be the first to say I'm a Floyd fan...but I believe I have enough control over my own emotion to remain objective when watching a boxing match...and from what I saw in that match...it was a straight boxing clinic...sure Marquez looked competitive in the first rounds...but notice a few things in the mid to later rounds...Marquez began to hesitate when he wasn't supposed to...floyd did something I've never seen done to Marquez...he backed Marquez up and pressed forward...but Hr only did it enough to impose his will...then he let up...watch Marquez back up a few steps...mayweather will press...then stand still or side step and allow Marquez to reset...and I know it's taboo to speak on a Mexican fighters heart...but it was clear to me that Marquez was discouraged from even taking the chance of throwing combos or trying to exchange with Floyd even when floyds back was to the ropes...he would drop his head and walk to his corner slowly...it was apparent that Marquez knew he could do nothing to Floyd...it was really over when he started to drop his hands and it turned into a pot shot marathon...and I'm not saying this to discredit Marquez at all...I'm a fan of his, too...but I've never seen him look so confused in the later rounds of a fight than I saw him on September 19th...Floyd was just too good...and you can't go off of what ifs...if fighters were taller or stronger or had more speed than this or that...the only thing you can go off of is what they have to offer...Marquez had nothing else and floyd held back...

Also...did you notice that Floyd didn't throw any uppercuts in the clintches or use his elbow and forearm to push Marquez back?

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
        Yes I do analyze fights...and I'll be the first to say I'm a Floyd fan...but I believe I have enough control over my own emotion to remain objective when watching a boxing match...and from what I saw in that match...it was a straight boxing clinic...sure Marquez looked competitive in the first rounds...but notice a few things in the mid to later rounds...Marquez began to hesitate when he wasn't supposed to...floyd did something I've never seen done to Marquez...he backed Marquez up and pressed forward...but Hr only did it enough to impose his will...then he let up...watch Marquez back up a few steps...mayweather will press...then stand still or side step and allow Marquez to reset...and I know it's taboo to speak on a Mexican fighters heart...but it was clear to me that Marquez was discouraged from even taking the chance of throwing combos or trying to exchange with Floyd even when floyds back was to the ropes...he would drop his head and walk to his corner slowly...it was apparent that Marquez knew he could do nothing to Floyd...it was really over when he started to drop his hands and it turned into a pot shot marathon...and I'm not saying this to discredit Marquez at all...I'm a fan of his, too...but I've never seen him look so confused in the later rounds of a fight than I saw him on September 19th...Floyd was just too good...and you can't go off of what ifs...if fighters were taller or stronger or had more speed than this or that...the only thing you can go off of is what they have to offer...Marquez had nothing else and floyd held back...

Also...did you notice that Floyd didn't throw any uppercuts in the clintches or use his elbow and forearm to push Marquez back?
        im not here to argue that marquez was competitive, he got dominated. im here to state the fact that jmm is great fighter with durability, fast recuperation, ring iq and skills that kept him from getting knocked out, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

What people still fail to realize is:

Floyd was operating in C+ mode. (He wasn't in search and destroy mode)

Didn't put any combos together.

And he treated Marquez like a gentleman from the outset.

If Floyd wanted to, he was capable of something like this...

Comment

Originally posted by AntDawg View Post
            Looking at the last Pacquiao fight in the round was any longer it probably would have been over because it looked like Marquez was on queer street.
            gotdamn I love melyssa ford...

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
              What people still fail to realize is:

Floyd was operating in C+ mode. (He wasn't in search and destroy mode)

Didn't put any combos together.

And he treated Marquez like a gentleman from the outset.

If Floyd wanted to, he was capable of something like this...

what a bull****.....he did'nt coz he could'nt....

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                what a bull****.....he did'nt coz he could'nt....
                I strongly believe he could.

Notice there wasn't any trash talking during the 24/7 episodes, nor any disrespect during press conferences?

That should give you a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox View Post
                  im not here to argue that marquez was competitive, he got dominated. im here to state the fact that jmm is great fighter with durability, fast recuperation, ring iq and skills that kept him from getting knocked out, nothing more, nothing less.
                  Ok...but I'm telling you...you can't make the fight look like Marquez was so slick and quick that he held off Floyd from knocking him out...it was more of Floyd hitting him whenever he felt like it and playing with the man from bell to bell...all to simply cruise into a completely dominate (winning every round) victory from Floyd Mayweather Jr...Marquez didn't show heart by avoiding a knockout and surviving...he showed heart for going out there at at least still throwing punches at a person he couldn't hit or hurt...

Comment

He could've tried harder, but he might of risk himself from winning. He was probably stronger cause of the added weight, but who knows for sure.

Comment

If Floyd would've opened up on Juan, it is likely the fight would have been stopped on a ref or a corner rescue, to be honest.

I'm sure Juan would go out on his shield rather than quit.

Comment

Working...
                      X