Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Downs Myth of Haymon Boxers Not Colliding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This article from a fine writer seems to be really about nothing. The writer, who knows a lot about boxing, and has the tools to find out whatever he wants to, says distinctly that he was unable to find any evidence at all of two Haymon fighters ever fighting each other, after a thorough search.

So all we have is the ubiquitous Schaefer, who says, well.. it doesn't matter what happened (or didn't happen) until now, but you will be seeing two Haymon fighters often fighting one another....... The reason he gives is that Haymon has so many fighters that if they don't fight one another they'll be sitting twiddling their thumbs for lack of opponents-although this has not been apparent in the career of any of them so far. Apparently, according to Schaefer, Haymon has cornered the market on fighters...... all the other hundreds and hundreds of managers don't have any fighters.........

I'm surprised at Reeno, he usually picks a thoroughly readable subject. And another point, he right away, to set up Schaefer in golden highlights, labels the Haymon fighters not fighting one another as a "myth", even though he immediately afterwards proves that according to his best research, it is no myth.

I'll say it again...I'm surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan999 View Post
      I never knew he tested positive. Do you have a link to an article or something so I can read a bit more about this?
      You can google "WINKY Wright USADA TESTING CANCELLED" or read it here http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/5/26...me-boxing-news

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
        As long as Haymon still has the power he has over the networks, I think he'll just be fine with his stable. You're right with them wanting Mayweather, but of that group, how many are realistic options to land Mayweather? Garcia? Even then.

He might have to start matching them against each other to raise their profile to make them as attractive candidates for Mayweather, but again, HBO and Showtime still enable him enough to where he hasn't had to do that.
        Mayweather likely will not have enough more fights before he retires to make this a realistic scenario. At 36 he is badly time constrained.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Thurman is already calling for Mayweather. Garcia wants Mayweather. Alexander too. Floyd is already pushing 36. Does Haymon want Mayweather to eventually get beat by a fighter in his own stable or someone he has now contract or power over?
          Yep and I believe that loss will be coming very very soon..at the end of the day the real cash cow is still Oscar De La Hoya as long as he's the face of the company there will always be champions looking to join..I tell you one thing start paying attention to the odds in Mayweather's next fights..if you see something absolutely astronomical in terms of odds bet the house against him...I think in the Cotto fight a lot of ppl in boxing saw and spoke out about Floyd's lack therefo lateral mobility as we've come to get used to and it's not because of his opponent because the same lateral movement wasn't that visible in the Ortiz fight either, nor in the Mosley fight which led Floyd to getting clocked twice and having to turn into an offensive fighter the rest of the way. All these guys know when to bet against their man, it happened with Ali, It happened with Sugar Ray, it's happened with Tyson. The odds on nights they lost were insane, and more out of the normal than usual for them.

Comment

Working...
          X