Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Daniel Geale a Young Hungry Lion that Miguel Cotto Can't Overlook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    Great gif, but it doesn't fit. Canelo hasn't even fought a MW FFS, Geale definitely deserves it more.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I think Cotto beats Geale just as easy as Golovkin did. I think Geale will offer any kind of resistance to Cotto's relentless offense.

I think someone like Lemieux, Jacobs, Njikan would be much better than Geale

I would prefer it if he fought GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Tay Roc View Post
        Discuss?

This Roc Nation Sports Coming to You Live

Ring has him rated at #4.
        Trying to promote that Roc lol funny thread. Geales a lamb, not a lion, I think k9 would work Geale. TR has the Roc shuffling for opponents. Jay Z is gonna learn to never cross a Jew in business. Anybody Cotto fights is gonna be hard to sell outside of NY thanks to Arum.

Comment

Would of been so much better if he didn't lose to GGG. It takes some shine out of it but it's better than Heiland for sure though. What I'm curious to see though is how far he's going to drain Gaele. Cotto has been doing the joke catch weights recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Tay Roc View Post
            You think Cotto has enough power to KO him?

It should be interesting. I like Geale's style a lot.

Of course he does. He's like a professional Cotto dickrider.

Comment

Originally posted by God Of Left View Post

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
                I can't see Cotto beating (or fighting) a healthy Geale.
                This. I see Gaele/Cotto looking similar to Trout/Cotto, except maybe more one-sided because Gaele hits harder, and Cotto is even more naturally smaller, and he'll go into his poor man's shell/defensive mode after 5 rounds.

118-110 x 2; 117-111 (from a generous judge favoring Roc Nation).

Gaele would dwarf Cotto something fierce - almost 6 foot, and Cotto standing in at 5'6'' with boots on.

Gaele has a lot better fundamentals than Martinez, who relied purely on athleticism, and fleetness and dexterity of foot. When them knees were gone, along with his mobility, there went his entire defensive posture. He relied completely on dictating range, and staying out of range of punches with his superior foot speed as his defense. He has no defensive guard, and lacks world class head, and upper body movement to weave, and catch shots with.

Comment

What's all this "good fight" talk? How does Cotto go and criticize GGG's resume and lack of quality opposition as a way to not have to fight him, then turn around and fight the guy that who less than a year ago was blasted out in 3 rounds by GGG?

Now is Cotto to small for 160 or not? Or is he too small for 160 only when its about him facing GGG?

Comment

First and foremost I'd like to thank God, without him none of this would be possible.

Daniel Geale, he is a tough competitor. I take nothing away from him.

Comment

Working...
                    X