No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Powers Past Slick Moreno, Retains WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Powers Past Slick Moreno, Retains WBC Belt

Staples Center, Los Angeles, California - WBC super bantamweight champion Abner Mares (25-0-1, 13KOs) won a lopsided twelve round unanimous decision over Anselmo "Chemito" Moreno (33-1-1, 12KOs). The scores were 116-110, 116-110 and 120-106. Moreno, still the WBA's super champion at bantamweight, moving up to take the fight.

It was the matador chasing the bull. Mares was hunting down the crafty Moreno, round after round, and trying to land anything possible to the head and the body. He finally caught up with Moreno in the fifth, dropping him near the end after a series of shots to the head and body. [Click Here To Read More]

Scorecards were bull crap, but I felt Mares won with the knockdown.

I had it 6-6 in rounds, 114-112 Mares.

Comment

Ridiculous scoring and that ref when he finally decides to take a point away its from Moreno, honestly I'd love for Donaire to fight this guy and KO him...... dirty as hell.

Comment

low blows, kidney shots, push downs and BS scorecards. Golden Boy took ZERO chances.

I really hope Mares fight Nonito, because none of his BS would work when Nonito catches him with that left hook, then it's goodnight.

Comment

it was a closer fight then the cards showed how the hell does mares keep getting away with all these low blows the ref was bias for taking a point from moreno when mares low blows every chance he gets even in the refs face i would like to see a rematch since donaire and mares wont fight and cruz said he wants 2 more fights

Comment

120-106 great scorecard. it was a complete shutout

Comment

Moreno won this fight.mare is dirty and was outbox by moreno

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                it was a closer fight then the cards showed how the hell does mares keep getting away with all these low blows the ref was bias for taking a point from moreno when mares low blows every chance he gets even in the refs face i would like to see a rematch since donaire and mares wont fight and cruz said he wants 2 more fights
                Why are Cotto stans complaining about low blows? LMAO!! Where do you think the signature low blow came from? It's tied to PR boxers.

Comment

Mares won clearly but the fight is close. Ref is an idiot, keep warning Mares then deduct a point from Moreno.

Don't know if Mares wanted a quick knockout win with his furious start in the 1st 4 rounds but he better be careful not to fight like that again. I believed he did start that way cuz Moreno got no power. If he faces somebody with a little pop on the punches, its gonna take a toll on him.

Comment

Omg! Sloppy sloppy sloppy! What a pathetic fight...especially mares. I dont even consider him a boxer. He look like a little kid fighting his big brother because he pulled his pants down.

Comment

Working...
                    X