No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rubio Proves That Experience Will Overcome Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    And he had the nerve to say he would have an easy time beating Martinez and saw a lot of flaws in Bute that he could exploit. Yeah right. Could dish it out but he couldn't take it. Thats what happens when you fight no-hopers and won't leave your comfy canada.
    I think everyone is being too hard on the kid. He got tagged on the top of the head behind the ear completely lost his equilibrium. I was surprised when he got up the ref let it continue, since his legs seemed to be gone. However, he withstood the barrage coming from Rubio (which alot of blows were blocked but some did get thru) before his corner thru in the towel, which I agree with Atlas that it was pre-mature. There wasn't much time left in the round and Lemieux might have been able to survive until the bell. The thing I think was the trainer is too cautious and overprotective and didn't give his charge a chance to test his intestinal fortitude. A huge bond like that between fighter and trainer can be a huge detriment to the fighter. His trainer even made the mistake of saying "even if Lemieux came back, I didn't want him taking those kinds of shots!" IMHO, Lemieux needs a new trainer...

Comment

And he had the nerve to say he would have an easy time beating Martinez and saw a lot of flaws in Bute that he could exploit. Yeah right. Could dish it out but he couldn't take it. Thats what happens when you fight no-hopers and won't leave your comfy canada.
      this ^ i guess all those KO got to his head. cant believe he actually thought he would beat sergio LOL.
      Last edited by koolttt; 04-09-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Here's a salute to all the guys who fight on ShowBox with the BALLS to step up, prospects fighting prospects, unbeatens fighting unbeatens, guys with 15-0 records fighting guys who are 20-1 while Lemieux was fighting 3-7 and 18-19 record fighters! FUK that fraud and he and his team's gravy train approach.
        A 22 year old kid stepped up and lost to a world ranked contender who can punch. Stop acting like a douche claiming you know everything. He ran into a way more experienced guy and lost. He's young and can come back and maybe win a title! Come on, you don't think this guy would beat Chavez Jr.?

Comment

SluggerFan, stop being an idiot! I have been around boxing for over 25 years and I have seen hype jobs come and go! THIS is what happens when you fight NO-HOPERS! He sould have stepped up 15 fights ago! He NEVER fought a guy who was even or favored in the odds department and one just backfired .

Comment

If Lemieux had stepped up incrementally from fights 15-20, he could have learned in pieces from different fights how to avoid what happened last night but it was ALL ABOUT THE DAMN MONEY! And milking Lemieux for all they could get int he comfy of canada! 25-0, 24 KO's MY A$$!!!

Comment

Canadian fighters suck. And I aint just saying that because it's my opinion. I'm saying it because it's a fact. As soon as Bute fights somebody with a pulse he'll get exposed too.

Comment

Also shows how important defense is, Rubio used outstanding defense against Lemieux, a lot of Lemieux punches was being blocked

Rubio and his corner just had a great strategy

Comment

It is not experience that overcame power it was toughness and willingness to endure.

Those can always be key aspects to overcoming a guy with power, which is why it is dangerous to fall in love with your own punching power, because someone out there can take it and is willing to take it to give you something back and if you can't take back what they can dish out you get busted.

Comment

I chose Rubio for the same reason I would select any experienced guy on a win streak, against Alvarez.
                    Youth is more often then not a gleaming deficit, not a benefit.

There goes David's HBO deal.
                    The kid faded and his corner had zero faith in his abilitiy to rebound.

Comment

This makes you appreciate what Ouma and Pavlik were once capable of.

Comment

Working...
                      X