No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I Saw in Kovalev's Eyes, He's Scared of Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
    steveson ducked kovalev..kovalev ducked stevenson...and no steveson shouldnt have to respect kovalev's hbo contract..he should respect where the money is at..

but either way if it does not happen im very happy with steveson vs Alvarez..the guys is a young lion and improving..

i feel he's a better opponent that 50 year old bhop and pascal #2..just my take..
    Should be thread/

Comment

I don't think Kovalev would be scared if you pointed a gun to his head.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
        Look this fight won't happen.
        Really this is the bottom line with all this I think. At this point in the game is HBO gonna wanna get into all the bs with making this fight when it sounds like Ward vs Kovalev can be a go anytime after June. Why risk Kov's sexy 0 on this fight? Have Kov fight Pascal & some other random & than throw him in with Ward. Thats gotta be the plan. HBO & Showtime isn't coming together for this fight & HBO surely has a whole other blueprint when they got Ward & Kovalev lined up right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Really this is the bottom line with all this I think. At this point in the game is HBO gonna wanna get into all the bs with making this fight when it sounds like Ward vs Kovalev can be a go anytime after June. Why risk Kov's sexy 0 on this fight? Have Kov fight Pascal & some other random & than throw him in with Ward. Thats gotta be the plan. HBO & Showtime isn't coming together for this fight & HBO surely has a whole other blueprint when they got Ward & Kovalev lined up right now.
          That's HBO playing it safe... However, if Kovalev fights Stevenson and wins, it makes Kovalev-Ward an even bigger event=more money in HBO's pocket... And honestly, I don't see anyway Stevenson beats Kovalev, so it wouldn't be too risky of a venture for HBO to try to make this fight happen.

In a perfect world, BOTH Kovalev and Ward beat Stevenson to set up a huge megafight on PPV... But considering this is boxing, that will most likely never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
            I don't think Kovalev would be scared if you pointed a gun to his head.
            This. Did you see the recent video with Kovalev and Stevenson... Kov went in and pinched Stevenson's cheek lol...

Comment

One of the most delusional clown in boxing history. He ran away to his uncle Haymon when the fight is about to be scheduled. He can't even face Pascal and would rather fight bums after bums after bums. This is what Haymon did to boxing.

Comment

what i saw was kovalev calmly mugging him off and pinching his cheek. it was stevenson who felt the need to grandstand and strike poses

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                  This is what Haymon did to boxing.
                  You mean boxing was perfect before

Wow did not know that

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
                    And honestly, I don't see anyway Stevenson beats Kovalev, so it wouldn't be too risky of a venture for HBO to try to make this fight happen.
                    You don't see how a guy with Stevenson's power can beat Kovalev??? I mean **** man I'm picking Kovalev myself for full disclosure if they ever fight, but I can easily see how Stevenson could win that fight. Kovalev isn't the trickiest guy in the world & Pascal seemed to have him mildly hurt once or twice in their first fight & was hitting him at will at times, nothing major but he still got him a lil bit. Knowing that Stevenson can surely put Kovalev to sleep. There is no way that fight is worth the 20%+ or w/e chance Stevenson has at winning that fight. The business of boxing says to keep the L's in house if you can & certainly don't risk a L before a big network fight between two of your name guys. Again my main bottom line is this fight ain't happening in particular in June.

Comment

From watching the clip, Kovalev seemed relaxed and Stevenson seemed full of nervous energy. It does not mean anything though, as I don't think anyone could not be scared of Kovalev. He scares the hell out of me. He just seems so angry, even when he is smiling. LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X