No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton on Bradley v Pacquiao, PEDs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Hatton on Bradley v Pacquiao, PEDs

Manny Pacquiao v Tim Bradley: Ricky Hatton says American's 'slick and tidy' style will trouble Filipino star

The former two-weight world champion from Manchester, now a promoter, has also added his view to the cause that boxing should eradicate drug cheats.

Manny Pacquiao is the number one pound-for-pound fighter in the world and he goes into this fight as the favourite but Timothy Bradley is a very slick and tidy boxer so this isn’t going to be an easy fight for him.

“Against Junior Witter we saw how well schooled Bradley was and how he was able to figure out his style so quickly so I think he will cause Pacquiao some problems.”

“I think style wise this could be an even better matchup than the recent fight between Floyd Mayweather and Miguel Cotto. Mayweather is exceptional defensively and makes you miss but Pacquiao is a lot more exciting and when you put him in with Bradley style wise it makes for a great fight.”

Manny needs to come back with a big performance after the fight with Marquez which many thought he lost, myself included."

Fighters who have a good defence and are counter punchers are those that have caused Manny the most problems. I think Bradley is going to use his boxing ability and box on the back foot and that’s where he’s going to cause Manny a few problems.”

Bradley will need to have more than just one game plan going into this fight. Everyone is expecting Manny Pacquiao to blast Bradley out but I don’t think it will be easy. I expect Manny to win but it will be an exciting fight.

On drug testing in boxing, Hatton added: “There should be more stringent tests in sport, and especially in boxing. If you’re going to take performance enhancing drugs in order to be able to punch someone harder and to do more damage that surely can’t be right. This is a sport which is brutal where you put your health and life on the line and you can’t allow someone to take something which allows them to hit harder, or faster, or more explosive – it’s absolutely criminal,”

Nobody should listen to rumours but I heard a lot knocking about when I was in the gyms in Las Vegas when I was training for several of my fights, in the last few weeks it seems the rumours are starting to become true."
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...pino-star.html

Honestly, Ricky shouldn't talk about using illegal drugs

Comment

good read......

Comment

Hatton also said Marquez won?

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
          Honestly, Ricky shouldn't talk about using illegal drugs
          A lot of PEDs are not illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            he was talk about hatton doing drugs not about peds

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Alot of Coka-heena is illegal

Comment

they should also test for cocaine

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                  Alot of Coka-heena is illegal
                  He wasn't talking about coke.

Comment

He still hasn't gotten over getting KTFO of his senses. He's the last person that should be giving Bradley any advice. He gave "Hitman" a new meaning.

Comment

Working...
                    X