Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camacho or Chávez: Who had the better chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
    Agreed, But Camacho fought Rosario 1st. Chavez knew how to break fighters down and wasnt walking in like a Margirito just eating shots he walked in with head movement he knew how to roll with the punches when he was younger..kinda like Duran did. So he wasnt getting hit flush. Camacho had the better chin.

Youre really pulling with your argument. :|...

Chavez for me... I say this because I think Chavez believed in his more and had more heart (imo). Camacho was hurt before but he practically ran afterwards. Chavez was hurt and basically took damage for not running yrt his chin held up. I'll go with The chins maybe being about equal, with Chavez able to put it to better use.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      Youre really pulling with your argument. :|...

Chavez for me... I say this because I think Chavez believed in his more and had more heart (imo). Camacho was hurt before but he practically ran afterwards. Chavez was hurt and basically took damage for not running yrt his chin held up. I'll go with The chins maybe being about equal, with Chavez able to put it to better use.
      I hear you, They were to totally different fighters, Camacho was great back in the early 80's..by the mid 80's after all the drugs and his fight with Rosario he was never the same. Now his chin always held up. Chavez came foward with smart aggression, but once he started to loose his reflexes later in his career he got rocked and tkoed..that wasnt the case for Camacho his chin held up againts everyone he fought.

Comment

Woah... Phone double post since I was trying to correct typos. Sorry all.
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 12-14-2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
          I hear you, They were to totally different fighters, Camacho was great back in the early 80's..by the mid 80's after all the drugs and his fight with Rosario he was never the same. Now his chin always held up. Chavez came foward with smart aggression, but once he started to loose his reflexes later in his career he got rocked and tkoed..that wasnt the case for Camacho his chin held up againts everyone he fought.
          I dont disagree but remember Camacho became gun shy and didnt engage nearly as much as he did early on. Chavez was still attacking like he was 26 years old and getting hit with a lot of bombs. Lets also not forget Chavez was no saint with drugs and alcohol lol. Its not like he was TKOd by Malignaggi type punchers either and this was late.

I think at their heights, Chavez put his chin to much better use. Camacho kind of squandered it to some degree. I mean that in a way that he could have been more. He had the chin, skills and athleticism. But he didnt always fight like a fighter with a chin.

Comment

Chavez. You have to consider that he was a pressure fighter who didn't know how to take a backwards step. It's amazing how few times he was knocked down in his long career despite using that style. (and even then, the knockdowns mostly came when he was old and past his prime.)

Camacho was a runner so he was hard to hit cleanly.

Comment

[QUOTE=NearHypnos;12814661]I dont disagree but remember Camacho became gun shy and didnt engage nearly as much as he did early on. Chavez was still attacking like he was 26 years old and getting hit with a lot of bombs. Lets also not forget Chavez was no saint with drugs and alcohol lol. Its not like he was TKOd by Malignaggi type punchers either and this was late.

I think at their heights, Chavez put his chin to much better use. Camacho kind of squandered it to some degree. I mean that in a way that he could have been more. He had the chin, skills and athleticism. But he didnt always fight like a fighter with a chin.[/QUOT

I respect that, they both had great chins. I guess its hard to tell who actually had the better chin but they both took a hell of a shot, becuase of there contrastiing styles.

Comment

Working...
              X