No announcement yet.

Fighting Inside with an Inside Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting Inside with an Inside Fighter

I was traing/sparring when my trainer switches my sparring partner..im used to training with tlaler people so i can fight inside, but when he put some guy who was 57 i had trouble fighting. i tried to jab, but everytime i pulled my jab back, he was already inside.. should an inside fighter, fight inside, with another inside fighter??? (im only 5'9")

go for it, its spparring so find out what works for you, itll also improve your own inside fighting if you fight with another inside fighter

Comment

i think a good boxer should learn how to fight inside and out. Me personally.. i started fighting inside and i can still fight inside.. though i dont spar like that as much anymore because i have been working on my technical skills.. but i know im going to be using my inside fighting tommorow in my first amateur fight.. i gotta work hard

Comment

You're bigger than him so should have better movement. Side to side if you can't outstrength him on the inside.

Comment

noo im bigger then him, but hes ripped.. hes not a skinny little lightweight.. i think hes 140 5'6" so he has muscle...its jsut i cant seem to get inside. i tried using my jab, but he would get inside everytime i pulled it back...all in all, hes a good fighter...i probally need more expericnece....fighting outside is easy for me... plenty of jabs and fients...inside is mroe fun tho..for my taste.=p

Comment

everytime you pull your jab back, throw a right uppercut or right hand just to keep him back (left for southpaw :P).

Comment

i was getting advice form some people at my gym and they said that, after i throw my jab, if i feel or see a punch is coming, then slp on the outside and counter with a right cross to the body

Comment

there is two situations!
                your taller with reach advantage
                when your jab is connecting, throw a straight, uppercut as he comes in to catch him comming in! after a few he will think to stop comming in and find new ways to get in! with myself being taller than all my opponants i allways get pushed to the ropes in boxing, or mauy thai!, if this starts to happen circle around him to your jabbing hand side (left for orthadox, right for southpaw) and stand side on more than square on, jab as he comes closer and becase your circling you should be able to land a jab-hook combonation much easier. dont forget body shots will help slow him down!

your tall with reach disadvantage
                its just gonna be like fighting inside but dont tuck your head in as you go into him, instead lean to the side and body shot with the back hand, then continue the motion following up with a forward hook to the head.

remember, wether inside or out, allwasys jab to set up and feel your distance!

Comment

Working...
                X