Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Leonard says to overcome Mayweather shoulder roll, hit the shoulder..you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree but I see where he's coming from. People look so bad because when they go for Mayweathers head they brush of his shoulders and elbows but if you are quick enough like Leonard going directly for the shoulders as well as the head and body makes sense.

Though I would argue the best way to fight Mayweather is to give him nothing to counter, fight like Pascal did against Dawson. It would take someone with very quick feet and hands to do it and someone who gets in throws and gets out quickly not a "warrior" who stays in their too long, it would have to be a boring fight though.

Comment

This is why i favour Floyd jr in a fantasy match up against Leonard. First, he said to hit him in the temple, but now, he's saying to hit the shoulders-meaning he doesn't have a clue. To have success against Floyd is to pay attention to those who had somewhat of a success against him, for example, fighters like Castillo, Moses, Corley, Oscar and recently Cotto. Attack the body when he covers up, or shoot the jab to the body, let him drop his arm then shoot the straight right upstairs ala Mosley. When he's covering up forget upstairs and bang the body to slow him down ala Castillo and Oscar or You can be a natural lefty who can box and punch from weird angles ala Corley.

This is such a stupid plan from Leonard in that everyone already was hitting Floyd's shoulders because that is what the shoulder roll does- to deflect the blows from one's chin, face, etc.
      Last edited by megas30; 01-15-2013, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
        This is why i favour Floyd jr in a fantasy match up against Leonard. First, he said to hit him in the temple, but now, he's saying to hit the shoulders-meaning he doesn't have a clue. To have success against Floyd is to pay attention to those who had somewhat of a success against him, for example, fighters like Castillo, Moses, Corley, Oscar and recently Cotto. Attack the body when he covers up, or shoot the jab to the body, let him drop his arm then shoot the straight right upstairs ala Mosley. When he's covering up forget upstairs and bang the body to slow him down ala Castillo and Oscar or You can be a natural lefty who can box and punch from weird angles ala Corley.

This is such a stupid plan from Leonard in that everyone already was hitting Floyd's shoulders because that is what the shoulder roll does- to deflect the blows from one's chin, face, etc.
        Lewis will beat the shyt out of Floyd.

You guys are all key board warriors .. He knows best.
        He's an ATG.

When Lennox Lewis fought ANDREW GOLOTA
        The very first thing they told Lewis was

DON'T BANG WITH GOLOTA. DON'T BANG WITH GOLOTA

Outbox Golota.. Be cautious. You bang with Golota. you die.
        Wait till Golota breaks down in the later rounds...

What did Lewis do? He fuking banged with Golota and raped him.

Everyone at the time.. thought going straight for the kill against Golota was moronic.. Lewis laid the blue print.

Obviously I'm not saying Midget Floyd is anywhere near as dangerous as Golota.. but the theory is the same.

Lewis is 6'5 245.. Floyd is 5'8.. 145.. One jab and he's gone dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
          Lewis will beat the shyt out of Floyd.

You guys are all key board warriors .. He knows best.
          He's an ATG.

When Lennox Lewis fought ANDREW GOLOTA
          The very first thing they told Lewis was

DON'T BANG WITH GOLOTA. DON'T BANG WITH GOLOTA

Outbox Golota.. Be cautious. You bang with Golota. you die.
          Wait till Golota breaks down in the later rounds...

What did Lewis do? He fuking banged with Golota and raped him.

Everyone at the time.. thought going straight for the kill against Golota was moronic.. Lewis laid the blue print.

Obviously I'm not saying Midget Floyd is anywhere near as dangerous as Golota.. but the theory is the same.

Lewis is 6'5 245.. Floyd is 5'8.. 145.. One jab and he's gone dude.
          Pretty sure the article says Ray Leonard and not Lewis, but it's cool, because i understand it's late. I hope there's 24hr pharmacy just in case you ran out of whatever you were supposed to have taken prior to your response.

Comment

Pretty sure the article says Ray Leonard and not Lewis, but it's cool, because i understand it's late. I hope there's 24hr pharmacy just in case you ran out of whatever you were supposed to have taken prior to your response.
            Ray Leonard would have beaten the living shyt out of Floyd dude.

I don't think you understand just how good Ray Leonard was.

Comment

Comment

he came out of no where and was seriously arguing why lewis will beat floyd in a fight LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                  I'll take sugar rays Leonard's word . I would punch he shoulder
                  me too. id pound the shoulder and what ever else i could hit. The man cant shoulder roll the entire fight. The Key to that is ...LET YOUR HANDS GO! Pressure Pressure Pressure!

Comment

Floyd isnt just the shoulder roll. Some fights he doesnt use it almost at all. Mosley fight he used it the first two rounds until he got rocked by those two mosley right hands when he was in the shoulder roll position. He switched to the high guard for the rest of the fight and won every single round after that. The cotto fight he didnt use the shoulder roll all that much. The ortiz fight he used the shoulder roll the entire time because it was working, which by the way is proof to those idiots that just parrot the same phrases over and over again that the idea of "the shoulder roll doesnt work against southpaws" is wrong.

SRL has a good jab, he should just use that. The majority of the rounds mayweather loss in the last ten years were all from a good jab (DLH, Zab and Cotto). SRL would beat floyd and because of his jab.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                      Floyd isnt just the shoulder roll. Some fights he doesnt use it almost at all. Mosley fight he used it the first two rounds until he got rocked by those two mosley right hands when he was in the shoulder roll position. He switched to the high guard for the rest of the fight and won every single round after that. The cotto fight he didnt use the shoulder roll all that much. The ortiz fight he used the shoulder roll the entire time because it was working, which by the way is proof to those idiots that just parrot the same phrases over and over again that the idea of "the shoulder roll doesnt work against southpaws" is wrong.

SRL has a good jab, he should just use that. The majority of the rounds mayweather loss in the last ten years were all from a good jab (DLH, Zab and Cotto). SRL would beat floyd and because of his jab.
                      i hope he pulls that high guard with Guerrero...he is a Spaw and like to tuck in and throw uppercuts and looping shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X