Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought Juan "Catchweight King" Marquez want to be the first Mexican 4-div champ?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
    You do realize Manny wanted the catchweight right...?
    not from what i saw in espn deportes when marquez was interviewing PAC before figting mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by BikerDude View Post
      Soto has 3 weight division I think. Not sure on Arce but Sky said he was a 4 weight.

Who knows but all the Marg fans ****ting on Pac for a title at 150 best **** on JMM.

why? are they fighting for pacs ww belt?

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
        [/B]

why? are they fighting for pacs ww belt?
        I assume sobecause JMM wanted that 4 weightchamp belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Republica View Post
          not from what i saw in espn deportes when marquez was interviewing PAC before figting mosley.
          Marquez didn't say anything about the catchweight. Can you even speak spanish? Pacquiao said he would do a catchweight. He could of easily said it could be at 147 for his WW title.

Comment

Originally posted by Republica View Post
            RSMH. Why not fight for PAC's welterweight title. That pretty ironic really. The guy scared ****less of Manny in this high of a weight
            in fairness to Marquez, though he wants to be the 1st Mexican 4 division champ, i'm sure he realizes that 147 is NOT his optimum weight class. He's proven to be sluggish and not at his best during the ONLY time he fought at that weight.

On the other hand.....

he could do what Manny did and come in at the weight he's most comfortable at and fight Pac then, even if its one weight class below their agreed weight.

Anyway, Pac usually comes in at around 148ish and when they fought the last time, Pac outweighed him by about 4 lbs only. Plus, they're practically the same size.

its a win-win for marquez. he'd get his chance at his desired fourth weight-class title AND fight Pac at his most optimum weight.

Comment

I just want to see a fight last time I check JMM has been the only one to give us a good fight against PAC besides Morales in their first fight!!

Comment

Marquez didn't say anything about the catchweight. Can you even speak spanish? Pacquiao said he would do a catchweight. He could of easily said it could be at 147 for his WW title.
                Juan Manuel Marquez not keen on fighting Pacquiao at 147 pounds

During a appearance on ESPN Deportes Golpe a Golpe news show, Marquez made very specific comments regarding the weight limit for a third fight against Pacquiao.

"The weight for a fight is a very delicate issue," said Marquez. "I am sure we could find a catchweight, Pacquiao does not come in at a full 147 pounds for his welterweight fights."

http://www.examiner.com/latino-boxin...-at-147-pounds

Marquez wants the catchweight for obvious reasons.

Arum wants the catchweight to cockblock Schaefer from using Canelo to match TR's offer.

Arum and Marquez both get what they wanted.

Comment

Hey he did that with Cotto and none of you were complaining, it's time for him to get a taste of his own medicine.

Comment

Wow, so Manny is still at fault here for the catchweight? I'm pretty sure Arum and Roach wanted it at the full 147 from the last failed negotiations. Manny doesn't really care since he can't make the limit.

Comment

If he beats Pacquiao he will be, atleast the first legitimate 4 division Mexican champ. Arce won a title in his fourth division against WVJ, but one of them was an Interim belt. People who hate on catchweights for guys moving up in weight don't know the history of boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X