Collapse
No announcement yet.

A welterweight boxer weighs in at between 140 pounds and 147 pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not that i care about the fight's weight, but i disagree with the title being on the line

welterweight is 141-147lbs. Meaning Pacquiao can come in at 145lbs and win the belt, sure

BUT by not allowing Cotto to weigh in at up to 147lbs, the fight is no longer at welterweight restrictions, and is thereby a catchweight

Comment

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
      He can sign to fight at 45' but if he can't weigh the WW limit of 47' the title shouldn't be on the line.

Whats so hard to understand about this?
      The fight is at 145, which is within the WW division, so why shouldn't the title be on the line?

I get your point, but if Cotto sign to fight at 145, it's because he can be at 100% at that weigh. If he is at 100% and within the WW division, then I see no reason for the strap not to be at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
        He can sign to fight at 45' but if he can't weigh the WW limit of 47' the title shouldn't be on the line.

Whats so hard to understand about this?
        Exactly, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Taranazan View Post
          The fight is at 145, which is within the WW division, so why shouldn't the title be on the line?

I get your point, but if Cotto sign to fight at 145, it's because he can be at 100% at that weigh. If he is at 100% and within the WW division, then I see no reason for the strap not to be at stake.
          Pacquiao and Roach wanted 143, Cotto said he is only willing to go as long as 145. Only reason why he said 145, it isn't because he believed he'd be 100% at 145.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
            I understand where you are comnig from, however imo catch weights and even weigh ins day before mean **** these days. The boxers rehydrate over night so really who will have an advantage weight wise fight night, Cotto or Pacquiao?
            Not saying this is the case with Cotto but if u go down in weight and it's not healthy u can't go up on weight in fight night just like oscar. Oscar only gained 1lbs i think because he had drained himself so much and his stomach was so small he couldn't eat **** or drink. So it's not just about cutting the weight but hydrating back up

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
              So stop bitching about Cotto's title being on the line against Pacquiao, please.
              Another thick **** then. yes they can weigh in at 140.01- 147, but its not a ****in welterweight fight if the fighters cannot weigh in at 146 or 147. a welterweight fight means they can weigh in at 147 at max. 145 is a catchweight, not a ****in welterweight. you even got it in your title, a welterweight boxer can weigh in between 140 and 147lbs.

Comment

A WW boxer weighs between 140-147....?

So why can't Cotto come in at 145-147?

Because Pac is trying to drain his opponent, as per usual.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                  Another thick **** then. yes they can weigh in at 140.01- 147, but its not a ****in welterweight fight if the fighters cannot weigh in at 146 or 147. a welterweight fight means they can weigh in at 147 at max. 145 is a catchweight, not a ****in welterweight. you even got it in your title, a welterweight boxer can weigh in between 140 and 147lbs.
                  Exactly. 100% correct. The OP is a FRAUDULENT BUM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taranazan View Post

Because he's not allowed to weigh at 47' if he chooses.

This isn't a WW fight since WW is 41-47', not 41-45'.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                      Pacquiao and Roach wanted 143, Cotto said he is only willing to go as long as 145. Only reason why he said 145, it isn't because he believed he'd be 100% at 145.
                      Cotto is a former 140 pounder and weighed in at 146 in his last fight. I think he will be at 100% wighting in at 145.

Honestly, I'd agree with you that the title shouldn't be on the line if the fight was at 141/142, because it would be a risk for Cotto weigh wise, but at 145, he isn't really out of his comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                      X