Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next for the Puerto Rican fanbase?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angel Garcia seems like a Proud Man...and with the Relationship he has with his SON...I am almost Positive that he taught his son a lot about their Culture so I think it is very unfair to assume what Danny knows or don't know about his Roots and Culture

Naturally he was raised in Philly so he is going to be a Product if his Environment so he is going to sound like a guy that grew up in the Inner City Of Philly which he does because that is what he was raised around...but I don't see how that makes him any less then what he is by BLOOD

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
      Yeah I'm PR. Garcia wasn't even on my radar to be honest. I guess I don't have time to follow boxing as much as I would like to and learn about some of the younger guys that are out there until they have their "big shot."

I honestly thought he was Mexican until I saw the PR flag on his trunks during Morales I. Something about the name Garcia in boxing...

Anyways I do follow all boxers not just PR, but there is a special sense of pride when it comes to PR fighters.
      Yeah I also tought he was Mexican for a long time and that shows you the horrible job GBP did promoting him. I mean before that he had defeated Holt and Cambell who were two very solid 140 pounders.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
        I know none. I seen people that think they know but they can even grasp the concept of a chinchorro. And what kind of fame you are talking about? Do you know how they stereotype us due to those so call ricans living and raise in the states? In the movies they talk about us carrying knife. WTF? People think we all live off welfare and most are criminals.

FYI and no disrespect but Fania, Gran Combo, Feliciano, Jose Ferrer, Raul Julia, Roberto Clemente made our island popular.
        I grew up in PR and I don't even know what a chinchorro is. That **** is trivial, and doesn't mean anything.

And where in my other posts did I same anything about fame??

Not all stereotypes are negative. Because of the same people that you demonize, many people that otherwise wouldn't know **** about PR know about the positives of our culture too. Many people in the public and private sector that do work that you will never hear of in the media (not celebrities.)

And although they may not be as Rican as you, they are Rican enough and do a good job even if all they do just represent the flag (a flag that was given birth to in New York and it's birth is celebrated in New York by many Puerto Ricans from the states every year.).

Thank the New Yoricans for the explosion of the salsa scene too. A sound that was created in NY and has North American jazz influence. That sound would not have developed on the island alone.

A stereotype is exactly what you seem to have for Puerto Ricans stateside.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          Yeah I also tought he was Mexican for a long time and that shows you the horrible job GBP did promoting him. I mean before that he had defeated Holt and Cambell who were two very solid 140 pounders.
          Yeah I think GBP probably did a poor job early on. I went back and watched the Holt fight and a few others when I learned of Danny and was impressed. He has prevailed in the underdog role so far. I hope he will continue to work hard, learn and improve as time passes. Can't rely on knocking everyone out all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            I can't answer that question but for the people who live in the island, how many times have you heard of Garcia taking a trip down there? How many press conferences has he had down there? If the answer is 0 you have to question his Puerto Ricanism IMO.

If the guy went down there and had a press conference in English what would happen?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            I though I replied to this, but apparently it didn't go through.

Anyone that gets to know someone through the media or any third party is not going to know enough.

Danny seems like a good easy to talk to person. Go down to Philly, interview him and ask him these questions. Maybe he has never been to PR, but maybe he has. Regardless that stuff is irrelevant, same as if he had a presser down there or not.

And if he had one in English many people should understand. At least the ones that were smart enough to pay attention during English class and actually learn a second language. The ones that didn't would probably start hating on him telling him he is not Rican enough lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
              Angel Garcia seems like a Proud Man...and with the Relationship he has with his SON...I am almost Positive that he taught his son a lot about their Culture so I think it is very unfair to assume what Danny knows or don't know about his Roots and Culture

Naturally he was raised in Philly so he is going to be a Product if his Environment so he is going to sound like a guy that grew up in the Inner City Of Philly which he does because that is what he was raised around...but I don't see how that makes him any less then what he is by BLOOD
              On point...

Comment

I grew up in PR and I don't even know what a chinchorro is. That **** is trivial, and doesn't mean anything.

Not all stereotypes are negative. Because of the same people that you demonize, many people that otherwise wouldn't know **** about PR know about the positives of our culture too. Many people in the public and private sector that do work that you will never hear of in the media (not celebrities.)

And although they may not be as Rican as you, they are Rican enough and do a good job even if all they do just represent the flag (a flag that was given birth to in New York and it's birth is celebrated in New York by many Puerto Ricans from the states every year.).

Thank the New Yoricans for the explosion of the salsa scene too. A sound that was created in NY and has North American jazz influence. That sound would not have developed on the island alone.

great post bro. if your blood is rican then your rican point blank. It doesn't matter were you we born, the p.r. flag was born in nyc!

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

I can't answer that question but for the people who live in the island, how many times have you heard of Garcia taking a trip down there? How many press conferences has he had down there? If the answer is 0 you have to question his Puerto Ricanism IMO.

If the guy went down there and had a press conference in English what would happen?

I though I replied to this, but apparently it didn't go through.

Anyone that gets to know someone through the media or any third party is not going to know enough.

Danny seems like a good easy to talk to person. Go down to Philly, interview him and ask him these questions. Maybe he has never been to PR, but maybe he has. Regardless that stuff is irrelevant, same as if he had a presser down there or not.

And if he had one in English many people should understand. At least the ones that were smart enough to pay attention during English class and actually learn a second language. The ones that didn't would probably start hating on him telling him he is not Rican enough lol.
                  If he's been to PR someone who lives there would be able to tell you cause chances are it would be on TV. Unless of course, they don't give two ****s about him over there. That was my point.

How is it irrelevant? How the he'll you gonna claim you're PR and never visited your island? Not irrelevant at all. If he claims he's PR and never been there, damn right I'd question his Ricanism. It's like these fake ass rappers who say they're from such and such hood yet they never been to one or never gone back to theirs.

To me him claiming he's PR is just a way to get fans on his wagon. Cause like I said, he never remembered to rep these people when he was nobody.

Comment

Swift is definitely the heir apparent right now. Dulorme needs more work, maybe in a couple of years.

Comment

You grew up in PR and you dont know what a Chinchorro is?

Stereotype? Me vas a decir que te sientes orgulloso de un monton de cafre maliantes en la parada boricua en NY? I dont feel proud of that.

I remember once this kid call me jibaro thinking I was going to be offended. That is how much people know and rep our culture over there. I'm sorry man, I am not trying to say we living here are more rican, I'm just stating the truth about the ricans living there and dont know sht about this island.

Comment

Working...
                      X